Why It Took 5 Days to Name Mew

It's Mewtwo's birthday!

"Feb 6: Mew gave birth. We named the newborn Mewtwo." - excerpt from diary in the old mansion

And you know what else that diary says?

"July 5: Guyana, South America. A new Pokemon was discovered deep in the jungle."

"July 10: We christened the newly discovered Pokemon, Mew."

As you can see, it took 5 days to name Mew. FIVE DAYS. WHAT?

Now you're wondering, WHY WOULD IT TAKE 5 DAYS TO NAME IT?

Well I have a spoof theory

note: I am using the year 1995 because that's when Pokemon Red/Green was released.

STORY TIME :D

July 5th, 1995 

"Doctor Fugi, I have the new Pokemon," a scientist said, opening a Pokeball. A small, pink Pokemon came out. It said nothing as it floated around the mansion.

"Shall we start the experiments, sir?" another asked.

"No, not yet," Mister Fugi sat down. "We cannot do anything to it until it is identified. So, what shall we name it?"

The scientist sighed, "I don't know..." He suddenly got an idea, "Well we name all the Pokemon after their names, right? So we just gotta wait for the Pokemon to talk, and name it that!"

"Brilliant idea, Steve!"

The Pokemon continued floating around, doing loop-de-loops and knocking over the occasional bookshelf.

July 6th, 1995 

"WHY IS THIS POKEMON NOT TALKING?" exclaimed Steve.

The Pokemon smiled and knocked over more bookshelves. 

July 7th, 1995 

"ARE YOU MUTE?!" Steve shouted.

The Pokemon proceeded to knock over another bookshelf.

July 8th, 1995 

"WILL YOU JUST TELL ME YOUR NAME?" Steve pleaded.

The Pokemon knocked over another bookshelf. 

July 9th, 1995 

"STOP KNOCKING OVER OUR BOOKSHELVES!!" Steve wailed.

The Pokemon knocked over some more bookshelves. 

July 10th, 1995 

Now there was only one bookshelf left. Steve and another scientist held down the Pokemon because they had recently learned that their insurance didn't cover bookshelves. The scientists looked at the Pokemon in anticipation.

"... Mew." the Pokemon finally squeaked.

"We shall name it Mew!" Steve said, letting go of the Pokemon. In the excitement, the other scientist let go, too.

Mew knocked over the last bookshelf.

February 6th, 1996

"Sir, Mew gave birth!" Steve ran toward Dr. Fuji.

"Beautiful!" Fuji smiled. "Now what shall we name it? I believe we should wait for it to talk--"

"NO NOT THE BOOKSHELVES!" Steve exclaimed. He had just bought more bookshelves and did not want them to be destroyed this time. "Let's, uh, let's do something simple. The first one was Mew, right? So, um, how about Mewtwo? Huh?"

"PERFECT, Steve!" Dr Fuji smiled. "You shall now have a raise."

Mewtwo destroyed the mansion...

...

...

...

and the bookshelves.

Long story short... Steve didn't get his raise.