Small Pokemon Rant

As you have seen a chapter or two ago, I hate Firestar because he's a mary-sue

What I've realized is, a majority of the Pokemon fandom hates Ash, because he isn't a Mary-sue.

"Ash, if you're supposed to be the very best, why haven't you won a Pokemon League yet?" - The Pokemon Fandumb

Well first of all, he HAS won a Pokemon League. If you watched the Orange Islands series, Ash won the Orange League.

"Nobody watches the Orange series! The Orange League isn't a legit league!" - The Pokemon Fandumb

Well I watch the Orange series. And yes, it IS a legit league. It has set rules for battling, a required amount of badges, and it is a place where Trainers can defeat a set "champion" of it. Just because you can't play it in the games doesn't mean it's not a legit league in anime standards.

"But the Orange League was the ONLY league Ash won!" - The Pokemon Fandumb

And for a reason, too.

First of all, being the champion of a Pokemon League, is well, being a champion! And if Ash won the league EVERY TIME, you know you'd hate him for it.

"But he DOESN'T win the league every time so he's a bad trainer!" - The Pokemon Fandumb

So if he doesn't manage to beat every single Trainer who participates in the Pokemon League, and/or beat the strongest Trainer(s) in the whole region, he's a bad Trainer. What about Ritchie? Is he a bad Trainer? Is Gary a bad Trainer? No. And neither is Ash.

The reason you think that Ash not winning the League every time is bad, most likely is because that's the objective of the games.

Well guess what, Pokemon Fandumb?

The anime and the games are two different canons. 

And even if they were the same canon, Ash doesn't have to win the League just because you did.

I rest my case.

(Wow, 333 words. So much for a small Pokemon rant.)