CHAPTER 31

Jet plane

"Alright mom, I'll call you back" I said before turning off the call and entering the coffee shop.

"One caramel macchiato and One cold foam Iced espresso" I ordered.

"Name po?"

"Zachary" simpleng sabi ko pagkatapos ay nagbayad na at tumingin ng mauupuan. I sat in the empty seat near the window where I saw a passerby.

Napakunot noo ako ng makita ang isang pamilyar na mukha, Lara Vega. She was holding a book while walking. She was wearing jeans and an oversized shirt, her usual clothes.

"One caramel macchiato and One cold foam Iced espresso for Mr. Zachary!" The woman shouted so I got up and took my order. She said thank you so I nodded and walked to the door.

Habang naglalakad ako papunta sa pinto ay nakita ko naman si Lara na papalapit sa pintuan ng coffee shop habang nagbabasa. I held my order on the other hand and opened the door with the other, until I got out I did not let go of my hold on the door because Lara was still a bit far away.

She was about to enter the coffee shop when she turned to me and thanked me. I nodded so she continued reading the book she was holding. I let go of the door because she already entered. I got in my car and drove home. I called my mom to say I will be home soon.

"Chase do you have a girlfriend?" Mom suddenly asked, here we go again.

"None" simpleng sagot ko.

"That's good! I want you to meet someone!" Masayang sabi niya kaya ako napatingin sa kaniya.

"Ma, stop making me go to those blind dates thing!" I said.

"Then find a girlfriend!"

"I already like someone!"

"What?! You can't like someone!" Aniya kaya naman ako napakunot noo.

"Why can't I?"

"Because you have to meet this girl first!"

"Sure pero pagtapos nito wala na!"

"Sure" she said then clapped her hands while smiling. Napailing nalang ako saka pinatay ang TV at naglakad papunta sa kwarto ko.

As I was walking down the hallway I saw Lara walking towards me, reading. Napangiti ako saka siya bahagyang sinagi.

"Shit!" mahinang bulong ko ng mapa-upo siya sa sahig dahil medyo napalakas ang pagbangga ko sa kaniya.

"Ambobo ko" mahinang sabi ko pa saka naglahad ng kamay upang matulungan siyang tumayo, tinanggap naman niya ito. Nang makatayo siya ay napatingin ako sa libro niyang nahulog at kinuha ito.

Cupids arrow? This was the one she's reading the last time isn't it? Inabot ko sa kaniya ang libro. Medyo napatitig pa siya sa kamay kong may hawak na libro bago niya ito tinanggap.

"Tha-" Napahinto siya sa pagsasalita at gulat na napatitig sa 'kin. Does she recognize me?

"Cupids arrow huh" I just said then acted normal and started walking. Shit! Was I rude?

"Chase!" I heard someone shouted so I looked behind me. I just shook my head and continued walking when I saw Levi, Khione and Klein.