Chapter 15. Unexpected surprises

Hello everyone! How are you? I hope you're all fine! Here I bring you the next chapter of Getafix's mistake! Overanxius is a monster for what he did to Getafix! The big question here is, will he end harmed or unharmed? To know the answer, you'll have to read, and after reading, you can leave a review, if you want. I love to hear your thoughts about this.😊

Well, I'd like to give a special thanks to Drummergirl for helping me editing this story. I'm really, really, really grateful to her, she's awesome!

Okay after say all this, here you have the next chapter of this story, I hope you all will like it!

**********************************************

"GETAFIX!"

Getafix heard someone calling him, but at that moment it didn't matter to him. No, nothing mattered to him at all. For the druid, the only thing on his mind was the feeling of weightlessness enveloping him completely. The druid knew this sensation was temporary and that sooner or later his body would hit the ground... and he knew the moment he did, an unimaginable pain would probably spread throughout his entire body.

Faced with these prospects, the white-robed man closed his eyes and mentally prepared himself for the imminent impact. But to his surprise, the blow never came, and was instead replaced by large hands that protected him from possible harm. Getafix didn't know exactly what happened. He only knew he was rolling on the forest floor until he finally stopped.

The old druid remained with his eyes closed, using his other senses to try to determine what had happened. From what he knew, he was in a protective embrace. Strange – and at the same time familiar arms – tightly closed around his body but without crushing him, making him feel safe. In addition, a warm breath came intermittently tickling his face, especially his nose. Finally, he could also hear shallow breaths, almost sounding like the gasps of someone who had just exerted great physical effort, although the druid knew very well there were other reasons that could lead a person to breathe in this way.

Ultimately, the combination of all these sensations made the druid feel safe in the arms of his savior. It was only then that Getafix dared to open his eyes again, and as he did so, his gaze met Obelix's. The great Gaul seemed deeply frightened, as if the unthinkable – that the sky had fallen on their heads – had happened, and he looked Getafix over from top to bottom to make sure nothing had happened to him.

As the druid became more aware of his surroundings and what had just happened, he looked at Obelix and offered him a tender, reassuring smile:

"Obelix, don't worry, I'm fine."

Obelix's eyes kept fluttering all over Getafix's body, as if he wasn't able to believe the druid's words or as if the druid had a second head. He opened his mouth to speak, but no sound came out of his mouth. He tried a second time and then said:

"Getafix I... I'm sorry... everything happened so fast... that man pushed you out of the carriage – you were going to fall to the ground and I, I..."

Getafix didn't know what Obelix was trying to say. The great Gaul's hands were shaking, and his expression of fear hadn't diminished in the slightest. On the contrary, the more time passed the more nervous the redheaded Gaul seemed to be. Upon this, the druid, seeing how nervous the menhir dealer had become, tried to reassure him as best he could.

"Obelix, nothing serious has happened –"

"I could have crushed you!" Obelix said at once in a slightly desperate voice.

The druid was surprised at his friend's outburst and involuntarily turned away from the great Gaul, causing Obelix to lower his gaze to the ground, as if he were embarrassed by what he had just said, or as if he felt Getafix was frightened of him.