Chapter 6. new decisions

Hello everyone! Here I bring you a new chapter of this Asterix fic, I truly hope you'll all like it. Welp, in this chapter, I introduce a secondary idea I had while writing that I'll develop in future chapter. I hope you'll like it! 😊

Well, I'd like to give a special thanks to Drummergirl for helping me editing this story. I'm really, really, really grateful to her, she's awesome!

Okay after say all this, here you have the fifth chapter of this story, I hope you all will like it!

********************************

It was already getting dark when everyone arrived at the village. The sky filled with clouds that threatened to unload their content any moment, causing darkness to arrive earlier than normal for the time of year.

The women had been anxiously awaiting the return of their husbands, and when they saw them arrive, they went out to meet them. They realized the somber countenance all men had on their faces. This made them fear the worst.

"What happened?" asked Mrs. Geriatrix.

"Where's Asterix? Have you found him?" Impedimenta asked with genuine concern.

"Nothing serious has happened to him, has it?" asked Unhygienix wife.

The men of the village stopped before the women. Then they all parted to reveal the menhir dealer with Asterix in his arms.

The women saw him from afar, and realized the Gaul warrior wasn't moving, Impedimenta with evident fear in her voice asked:

"Is-is...?"

"Don't worry, my love, Asterix is ​​alive. It's just that..." Vitalstatistix began to say.

"Oh my- he's a child!" Mrs. Geriatrix shouted.

"That's right ma'am, because of me, Asterix is now a boy. So, I suggest not screaming to avoid waking him," the druid intervened.

Everyone nodded and quietly entered the village. Once inside, Getafix told Obelix to take Asterix to the friend's house and that he would go there immediately. The red-haired Gaul immediately went to his friend's house, while Getafix stayed talking to the village chief.

"Vitalstatistix, I'm afraid it's necessary to mention the situation is very... delicate at the moment."

"Why Getafix? What's going on?"

"Asterix has told me the Romans intended to take him to Rome as a hostage and thus compel us to surrender," the druid explained bitterly.

"By Tutatis!" a few villagers exclaimed at once.

"That is an outrage!" said another.

"The Romans are a..." began another.

"But Getafix, I thought you had found Asterix unconscious," said the village chief, thus cutting off all other comments.

"No, he was awake when we found him. He fell asleep after telling us this," the druid clarified.

"So... it's still the same Asterix, but with the body of a child, isn't it?" Fulliautomatix asked. "Just like that time the same thing happened to Obelix."

"I'm afraid not, my dear friends. Asterix is ​​a child both in appearance and in mind," declared the druid sadly.

"But how is it possible he knows the Romans wanted to take him to Rome?" Fulliautomatix's wife intervened.

"In my opinion, I suppose it's because the Romans decided this in front of Asterix and naturally he heard everything. This is a small mistake on their part but at the same time, fortunate on our own part."