Chapter 34. Reunions and victories

Hello everyone! Here I bring you another chapter of this story! Here we'll have what probably most of you are waiting 😉 and other things will happen. welp, I just hope you'll like how things develop, and as always, if you're enjoying this story, please, can you leave a review? Just if you want. I love to hear your thoughts about this. 😊

Well, I'd like to give a special thanks to Drummergirl for helping me editing this story. I'm really, really, really grateful to her, she's awesome!

Okay after say all this, here you have the next chapter of this story, I hope you all will like it!

**************************

Obelix and his companions rented a cart to go to Caesar's villa. Anonymus had told them it was the best way to go unnoticed, and it would also allow them to move faster than if they were on foot.

But unfortunately, given the number of people in the carriage, they were going slowly... very, very slowly. At that pace, they were never going to make it, so Obelix made a decision. To everyone's surprise, the menhir delivery man stopped the cart and got off. They all watched dumbfounded as he unhitched the horses, and when they were about to ask him what he was doing, the red-haired Gaul simply said:

"Hold on tight."

Several of the occupants of the wagon gasped when they realized what Obelix was about to do, so they quickly grabbed each other and wherever else they could from their means of transportation... just in time, too, because immediately after, the cart took off at an astonishing speed. It almost seemed as if they were flying, if it weren't for the constant rattling of the wheels against the dirt road.

It was an impressive experience for everyone present, except for Dogmatix, Justforkix, and Aba... Justforkix because he had already tasted the magic potion and knew well what could be done under its effects. Aba, because she'd experienced it when Justforkix kidnapped her to save her from a marriage with a useless Viking who was too dumb to be good for anyone. Dogmatix, because being the pet of a Gaul permanently under effects of the magic potion, he had often traveled at that speed. This was already commonplace for the little white dog.

In short, one could see from the expressions of the three Romans in the carriage they had never gone at such a speed in their lives. They probably found it frightening. But apparently the great Gaul had no intention of slowing down, so the passengers in the chariot would have to get used to it until they reached their destination.

Obelix wasn't aware of the feelings of those in the carriage. No, he had only one thing on his mind: finding Asterix. He couldn't afford to be separated from his best friend any longer. He knew Asterix needed him... more than ever, in his current state.

As he ran along dragging the cart, Obelix passed another cart going in the opposite direction. Although the red-haired Gaul was quite fast, he saw there was only one passenger in that other cart... a passenger wearing a mask. How curious! It looked like the mask worn by Coronavirus when he and Asterix took part in that race... a race in which even Jules himself finally took part... disguised as Coronavirus! No... it couldn't be that he had just crossed paths with Jules, could it?

If they had just crossed paths, that meant the leader of the empire had already left Asterix with Cleopatra and had gone away. It was the best opportunity to try to convince the Egyptian woman to return his best friend.

The thought urged Obelix to run even faster than before, to the surprise of the others.

"Obelix, by Tutatis, is something wrong? Why are you going faster?" Justforkix asked, moving to the front of the cart.