Chapter 27. Receiving News

Hello everyone! I'm terribly sorry. Because of an expected family thing I totally forgot to update this week's chapter. I'm terribly sorry. But... on the other hand... this means you'll have to wait less time for the week's chapter ;P. Well, after say that, here you have the chapter, and remember, if you're enjoying this story, please, can you leave a review? Just if you want. I love to hear your thoughts about this. 😊

Well, I'd like to give a special thanks to Drummergirl for helping me editing this story. I'm really, really, really grateful to her, she's awesome!

Okay after say all this, here you have the next chapter of this story, I hope you all will like it!

*********************************

The Roman family walked hurriedly through the city streets. They didn't want to attract attention, but they couldn't waste time either, so they went as fast as they could to get to the place where Obelix said he and his two companions were staying. When they were arrived there, Dogmatix perceived the smell of his owner. After such a long time, he finally smelled his scent again!

With joy flooding his tiny body, the little dog jumped out of Mischiefus' arms and hurriedly ran towards the house where the red-haired Gaul was. He arrived at the precise moment the big Gaul, followed by the young couple, walked outside to go somewhere. Dogmatix barked happily, rising up on his hind legs in front of Obelix.

The menhir deliverer was pleasantly surprised to see his beloved pet barking and tumbling happily in front of him. The last thing Obelix had expected was to see his beloved pet there, right in front of him.

How had he gotten there? It was a mystery. The big Gaul immediately bent down to pick up Dogmatix, and as he stood up again, a childish voice called his name:

"Obelix!"

"Mischiefus!" Obelix replied cheerfully. He wasn't expecting a visit from his Roman friends so soon, but he wasn't going to complain. In fact, he was delighted.

Justforkix and Aba came out after the red-haired Gaul and were quick to join the Roman family and greet each other. Despite being from such different cultures, the young couple felt very comfortable with this family, as if they were lifelong friends.

Justforkix took his place next to Obelix and said to the father of the family:

"Hello Anonymus, what brings you here so early? By Tutatis!"

Anonymus cleared his throat and replied:

"We have news about Asterix. It turns out –"

But he was unable to continue. As soon as he mentioned Asterix, the red-haired Gaul pounced on him, grabbing his shoulders tightly – though surprisingly, he managed to restrain himself and did no real harm to the surprised Roman. Obelix, face to face with Anonymus, practically shouted at him:

"Asterix? Oh, by Tutatis! Do you know where he is? Is he all right?"

Justforkix rushed to get between Obelix and Anonymus. Knowing the emotional state of the great Gaul, he feared he might do something he might regret later. Putting himself between the two men, he said to his friend:

"Calm down Obelix, by Belenos. Anonymus was about to tell us. Isn't that right?"

Recovering from his surprise, Anonymus went on to say:

"Oh yes, of course. What I was going to say is that we've discovered Asterix is here in the city, and the senator he was with was taking him to Caesar's palace."

As soon as he heard that, Obelix stood up and spoke again.

"Then what are we waiting for, for Tutais? We have to go there right now!"