Chapter 4. Surprises and new visits

Hello everyone! Here I bring you a new chapter of this Asterix fic, I truly hope you'll all like it. In this chapter, you'll have the answer of what fully happened to Asterix. What do you think it'll be? Keeping his adult mind, both size and mind of a child or with no memories or his mind affected? Well, you'll have to read and find it out, enjoy it! 😊

Well, I'd like to give a special thanks to Drummergirl for helping me editing this story. I'm really, really, really grateful to her, she's awesome!

Okay after say all this, here you have the first chapter of this story, I hope you all will like it!

***********************************

"Obelix? Can I come in?"

Getafix made his way into the cabin. The place was strangely quiet, and the menhir carver was nowhere to be found. This is strange, the druid thought. Where could Obelix be?

Getafix stood there for a moment and then thought perhaps the great Gaul was at his best friend's house waiting for him to return. This wouldn't be strange considering how worried Obelix had been for Asterix all this time.

With no time to waste, Getafix headed back to Asterix's cabin. When he arrived and looked inside, he found him, sitting on a stool with his arms resting on the table and his head resting on his hands. He was staring blankly at the wall in front of him. Dogmatix was on the table, looking sadly at his master... his ears hanging down on either side of his head. The scene was truly moving for the old druid.

Clearing his throat, Getafix greeted:

"Hello Obelix, may I come in?"

"Of course, oh druid, is there any news from Asterix?"

Getafix was momentarily surprised at how quickly the great Gaul had come to the subject the druid wanted to talk about. Approaching the table, he also took a stool and sat opposite Obelix.

"Obelix I've to tell you something... very important..." Getafix began to speak.

Obelix felt the anxiety grow in his heart. On the one hand he wanted his druid to tell him whatever he came to tell him, but on the other hand, he feared what Getafix had come to tell him.

"What is it, Getafix?"

The old druid took a deep breath again, preparing himself for what he was going to say:

"Obelix, I'm sorry to say, but I'm afraid that Asterix could be in grave danger."

"What?! What do you mean Getafix?" Obelix asked alarmed as he got up from the stool on which he was sitting and put both hands on the table, and practically shouted: "If he is in danger, we must save him!"

Dogmatix barked as if he were agreeing with his master. If there was the slightest possibility that Asterix was in trouble, they should go for him immediately. They couldn't lose a single second.

Getafix realized the anxiety Obelix was suffering. He couldn't allow the menhir carver to go out in those conditions to the forest to look for the warriors Gaul. So, softly, he said:

"Obelix, for the love of Tutatis, calm down. Vitalstatistix is talking to the rest of the townspeople. We'll go out to look for Asterix, but I need you to stay calm above all. Do it for Asterix. I promise we'll find him."

The druid's words seemed to reassure the red-haired Gaul, who dropped back onto the stool and looked sadly at his hands. He knew Getafix was right; if he was upset, it wouldn't be much help in the search for his best friend.

Getafix got up and put one of his hands on Obelix's shoulder. When the Gaul looked up, he gave him a tender smile and said:

"Don't worry, we'll find him."