Chapter 21. Last day in Gaul

Hello everyone! Here we are again one week more with a new chapter! What do you think about the last one? Did you like it? What do you think about the fact that now Obelix has Justforkix and Aba's help? Did you liked Obelix found someone who could help him? Well, in this new chapter, there's another little OC, I hope you'll like him! 😊 Also, if you're enjoying this story, please, can you leave a review? Just if you want. I love to hear your thoughts about this.😊

Well, I'd like to give a special thanks to Drummergirl for helping me editing this story. I'm really, really, really grateful to her, she's awesome!

Okay after say all this, here you have the next chapter of this story, I hope you all will like it!

*******************************

Asterix wasn't entirely sure what was happening around him. His mind was in a semi-conscious state, too clouded to focus on anything properly. He remembered images of his captor waking him up, giving him something to eat, and covering his small body with a blanket. But to tell the truth... he felt a headache so strong that he could hardly focus on what was happening... what he was doing... what's more, he wasn't able to discern if he was really awake, or if he was dreaming. He was vaguely aware of having heard Overanxius tell the innkeeper he had apparently fallen ill, and to top it all, every time he closed his eyes and stayed quiet for a while, new places he didn't remember having been, people he didn't know, Obelix being older with Dogmatix... all these images appeared before him and made his headache increase.

It almost seemed like his grown-up self was trying to make little Asterix remember everything he had supposedly already lived through. But this was too much for his mind and resulted in terrible headaches.

Asterix looked up at the Roman who was taking him away from his home. He was currently talking to Guestix while Asterix still sat on the bed. But even though both adults were talking, he wasn't paying attention to what either of them were saying. He wasn't able to concentrate on their words. Just trying made him feel very dizzy. The little Gaul hoped his malaise would disappear with time.

He tried not to think about anything. Not thinking helped him feel better, if only a little. While he sat there, the Roman senator and the Gaul innkeeper continued talking... rather, arguing about what they should or shouldn't do.

"If it's true the boy is ill, you cannot leave yet! It would be best if you stayed a little longer here, by Tutatis, I'll call for a druid to treat him and you'll leave when he is better!" Guestix said. He didn't understand how a Roman could be so stubborn, by all the gods, it was obvious the child was in no condition to travel.

"No, it would be better not to. I'm in a bit of a hurry to get to Rome. We also have good doctors there. Surely one of them will be able to cure him and then I'll take care to find him a home," Overanxius insisted. The truth was that the Roman senator didn't want any druid to examine Asterix. He was sure if they did, they would immediately be suspicious when they saw the marks of ties that were now visible on the young Gaul's arms. If the Druid who was treating him asked about the origin of these marks, surely, they would discover all the deception Overanxius had concocted, and he couldn't allow that to happen. He had to resume the way back to Rome as soon as possible.

Guestix looked at him with disdain. He couldn't believe what he was hearing. The Romans were really impossible people. Raising his arms in the air he exclaimed:

"Oh, by Belenos I have to insist! You only need to look at him to know he isn't well! In these conditions he cannot travel!"

Overanxius glared at the innkeeper. How could a man like that speak to him with such impudence? It was something incomprehensible! These Gauls were truly barbarians. He crossed his arms and asked with undisguised anger: