wedding bells 2!

The further day went about in a swift with shopping and wedding preparations and few close relatives coming in short notice to attend the wedding.
Soon it was my haldi ceremony.
(The Haldi ceremony is a ritual holy bath also known as pithi ceremony, which is one of the pre-wedding ceremonies in India. Turmeric (haldi), oil and water are applied to both the bride and groom by married women on the morning of the wedding. The mixture is believed to bless the couple before the wedding. It is known to have properties that leave the skin fair and glowing. The haldi in some Indian communities is considered auspicious and also signifies protection.)
It was 7 in the morning I was preparing for my haldi ceremony wherein Jaya and Siddhi helped me drape a plain yellow saree and beautiful floral jeweleries enhancing the beauty of my saree.
Soon I was taken down and made to sit on a small stool placed in a big metal tub

With the priest chanting mantras marking the begining of the wedding rituals and praying to lord Ganesha for bestowing his blessings on the couple after the Pooja all the ladies started to apply turmeric on by body with the mangal geet being sung ...

With the priest chanting mantras marking the begining of the wedding rituals and praying to lord Ganesha for bestowing his blessings on the couple after the Pooja all the ladies started to apply turmeric on by body with the mangal geet being sung along.
( Mangal geet is a traditional pahari song which is specially sung by all the ladies of the family to shower their blessings on the bride or groom and recalling all their sweet memories from their childhood )

After that I was picked up by my brother (maternal brother) in bridal style and taken inside the house for bath. The tumeric and sandal wood paste was really helping to soothe the pain and worries, after a long and calming bath I started to change myself in a beautiful yellow lehenga and light ornaments and again my brother picked me up in a bridal style to escort me out for gauri poojan.

After changing into green saree and minimal jeweleries we proceeded towards gauri mandir. Reaching the temple the pandith chanted gauri Shankar mantras marking the begining of prayers, later flowers and all the materials related to shringar done by married woman are offered (henna, Vermillion, Alta, chunari, saree, fruits, sweets,  makeup and Bangles)accompanied by Maha aarti seeking blessings from the goddess to bestow her blessings and to keep the couple's love as pure as gaurishankar. Then all the married ladies started to apply haldikumkum and showering their blessings. After the gauri poojan we proceeded back for my mehendi ceremony. What seemed like hours I could see my hands and legs filled with beautiful intricate henna designs.

 What seemed like hours I could see my hands and legs filled with beautiful intricate henna designs

Though I was least interested in all these but I wanted to enjoy all these moments with my family and capture them forever in me

Though I was least interested in all these but I wanted to enjoy all these moments with my family and capture them forever in me. Wedding is a day every girl dreams of and wants to enjoy every bit of it but for me I felt as if I was leaving a part of me behind as if my soul is somewhere else and mind somewhere else.

Advait's pov:
After two tiring days of continuous shopping and setting everything it was finally my haldi
In the morning we started with Ganesh poojan and then I was draped in a dhoti and made to sit on large vessel with everyone applying turmeric paste on me and merciless teasings from arav and Arjun(advait's best friend).

After the haldi ceremony it was bhiksha ceremony wherein the groom fakes an oath for celibacy through out his life and decides to turn a saint and then all the elders of the family try stopping him by narrating all the pros of married life and how beautiful his life would become ones he gets married, finally agreeing to their words he gives up his oath deciding to enter the marital life.
As I was pretending to take an oath and not listening to them
" Bhai you sure you don't want to come back?" He asked raising one eyebrow now I know something is wrong in order to avoid any further mishap I quickly, " I am ready to give away my bachelor ship"and with this the whole hall echoed with fits of laughter making me red in embarrassment.
Soon it was time for mehendi ceremony.
"Bhai I have selected a very beautiful design for you" aru said I made a horrified face .
"What!! Why will I put mehendi on my hand" I yelled.
"Adi, beta you will have to put little henna as it is regarded auspicious for the new bride as well as groom" my mother told calmly.
"Haa Bhai you will have to put little mehendi on your palm and feet" he said wriggling his eyebrows teasing me.
"Fine then I'll just write siya's name on palm no design please" I said raising my hands.
" Oooooohhhhh Bhai wants Shona...... Oopppsss siya bhabhi's name to be written on his palm" Arjun said passing teasing looks and with these their series of merciless teasings began.......

After Completing all the rituals lined for the day, I finally went back to my room to take some rest. In order to check upon I took my phone to get surprised by 100s of messages from Jaya I quickly tapped on in to find pics of siya's haldi and mehendi ceremony. To be enchanted with her beauty would be an understatement as she was looking extremely beautiful in the simple yellow saree with simple floral jeweleries though her beautiful smile was missing but still she held that capitative to capture anyone's attention.
"I will soon fill the void" I smiled to myself.

THANK YOU😊
DO VOTE AND COMMENT.