twisted fate?

"Life pushes beyond retrieval, to despair or prevail over is our percept.

To keep on enduring the anguish or setting the bars too high to let it affect is your choice....."

-----------------------------------------------------------
He looked up to see his mother's expression and was shocked to find her widely grinning as if a child getting chocolates without arguing. I furrowed my brows to know what's going on in her head trying to analyse by her facial features.

" Maaa what is cooking in your mind?" I asked bit curious and shocked seeking her expression. I was keenly observing her facial expressions thinking the possibilities of thoughts crossing her mind.

"Adii..... Since now you have understood ur love for siya..... I was thinking to talk to asha about it..." She said clapping both her hands and chirping enthusiastically giving all the possible pleasant looks she could give me.

"Talk about what?" I asked giving her "are you serious look" trying to put leash on her not so innocent thoughts.

"Arey about your marriage" she said hitting on my head pretending all innocent and unaware of expressions.

"No....."with this I stood up with a jerk.
"What.. u just now confessed your love for her and now you are backing off. What is wrong with you adi?".

"Its not that easy as you think Maa, I have hurted her more than we can imagine. She loves and respects you and might also say yes of this alliance but do you think she will be able to accept me? No and I don't want to spoil her life again for my selfish reasons. I cannot hurt her anymore."I stated the fact somewhere even I wanted the same but we cannot again hurt her with all our one sided feelings she is not a toy.

" So you will let her go even after knowing your feelings for her without even confessing it to her?" She asked me with a bit furry.

" I didn't say that!" I said looking anywhere but her. As currently even I am confused about what to do next and more than that I am in a turmoil of how to confront her. The sin I have committed I don't want her to forgive me but at the same time I want her in my life also.

" Dare you play with me again adi. I am your mother and I very well know what is cooking in your head. Better you confess your feelings to her and make her my bahu orelse this time I am not forgiving you" she said with anger blazing eyes which were sending shivers down my spine.

"Maa I will talk to her and after she forgives me I will confess my feelings to her and you won't interrupt please Maa." I said with pleading eyes as I am sure if she decides something then for sure by hook or crook she will make it happen.

" Fine but you have only two weeks if you are not able to settle the scores I will have to take everything under my control then" she said dusting the imaginary dust off her hands making my eyes go wide with her not so innocent declaration.

"Maaaa.... U cannot do this" I said whinning like a two year old kid as I am really scared of her behaviour.

" What I don't trust you in the matter of love, I don't even know how my daughter will survive with such an unromantic person like you. Huh." She said with a 'duh' tone rolling her eyes.

"Maaa.. for heaven's sake I am your son" I again whinned in order to stop her continuous verbal attack.

"So what I love siya more than you. Better fix this in your brain I am trusting you for her and you better don't break it" she said In a final warning tone.

I just nodded in affirmation. This was really an other side of my mother which was new for me to face.... .  a slow smile crept on my lips thinking about her love for siya  and I am really thankful to Siya for able to make such a place in heart and to handle her Soo well cause after that incident I totally lost my mother she totally had closed her self from everyone and now I can see her all chirpy and happy like before.

Soon in the evening I talked to my father, aru and shourya and to my surprise everyone forgave me but only under one condition that I SHOULD NOT hurt siya anytime in future which I will definitely not do but seeing their love and concern for her really amazes me and now it is clear that I choose a right person.

We were all chit chatting sitting in our lawn after a long time.
"Geetha........" We heard someone's voice ..
"Asha, mohanji you all here?" Asked Maa.

"Yes Geetha actually we have to give you a good news and also want to talk to you about something related to Siya.

"Arey come and sit I'll arrange for the snacks." Saying so Maa left to get some snacks.

"Adi beta when did you come?" Asha aunty asked.

I bowed down to touch their feets to seek their blessings, " today morning aunty. How are you all?"

" Amazing beta, well we must say beta you have gained a lot in such a young age and we are proud of you" she said patting my cheeks and I just smiled in return.

"What's the good news asha, my head will burst out of excitement" said my mother while laying the snacks on the table and everyone else chuckled at her excitement.

"Ohk so the good news is that siya is coming back to haridwar tommorow" she said with emmense happiness in her eyes and little shourya started jumping and clapping his hands showing his excitement to meet siya again and I was again amused by this little kid's love for siya.

I was happy as well as nervous about how I will face her and talk to her and all the others were damn happy and started planning for her arrival.

"You two really have a strong connection, I must say that is the reason your time of departure and arrival is almost the same, she didn't came back for two whole years and now when you are here she is also coming, what an unsaid love saga I guess you both are definitely entangled with each other" aru wisphered in my ears passing teasing looks to me whereas contrary to my nature I was blushing on his statement instead of giving him a punch.what is wrong with me? I was indeed amused by my behaviour.

"Aww someone is blushing....... I never in my wildest dreams imagined that I will be blessed with this sight" he again said teasing me.

His teasing session was interrupted by my mother's voice.

"What was the topic you wanted to talk about. Is it something serious.....?" My mother asked with furrowed eyebrows.

"Uumm... Actually Geetha I know what siya is for you and how much you both adore and love her so before taking any decision regarding her life I thought it would be better to consult you all" asha aunty replied.

"Asha, you know, me and lakshya always wanted a daughter but luck wasn't on our side but siya filled that void and we cannot be more happy, that you found it necessary to consult us regarding her future. I am very happy by the way what is it about?" Maa asked.

"Actually we have got an alliance for siya and the guy seems to be very genuine to us what is your opinion about it?" Asha aunty asked with hope.
(Hearing this the colour from their faces drained away)

("Whatt... How can....?" God I guess you are punishing me for my crime for hurting siya and for insulting the bond of love. The mere thought of siya getting married to someone else is making me loose my sense.) I didn't knew when tears started making their way down until aru wiped them away, pressing my hand assuring me. (This is the reason I never wanted to fall in love because it only gives pain)
I thought to myself..soon my self guilty and sympathy session was broken by my mother.

Please do vote and comment.
THANK YOU😊