A chance?

"Sometimes the slightest things change the directions of our lives, the merest breath of a circumstance, a random moment that connects like a meteorite striking the earth. Lives have swiveled and changed direction on the strength of a chance remark."

                                  -Bryce courteny.

"IT JUST TAKES A MOMENT TO BREAK AND YEARS TO FIX EVERYTHING BACK."

-----------------------------------------------------------
"Asha, for me Siya is not like my daughter but she is my daughter and I am very thankful to you to include us in this big decision of her life.

(Whatt... Maa you also, I think I deserve this. It is said we have to repent for all our sins and I guess this is my castigation.)

Actually I wanted to say this long back but didn't have the courage to ask you and also wasn't sure about the kids,  actually I like siya very much for my adi and always wanted both of them to get married I wanted to keep forth this proposal two years back but wanted both the kids to be ready and adi was not sure about this relation and (she narrates the whole incident with tears and me looking down ashamed of my behaviour back then and also my fear for relationships and commitments due to my past).
This was a shock for Uncle, Aunty, Jaya and Siddhi. They kept mum analysing the whole incident that happened two years ago. They perplexed for a moment.

"I don't know how to react geetha. This is all new to me Soo much happened in the past with my daughter and she didn't even thought it necessary to share with us. When did our daughter started keeping things to herself, we can't even imagine how much she has suffered all these years alone. Why geetha?" Asha aunty asked sobbing hard.

"Asha it's not like that, actually she didn't want to create a rift between both the families. She is very matured and our little princess kept on suffering everything all by herself without letting it come between the families. After everything it's all upto you both asha, I have kept every single thing in front of you, I know it's not easy for you but I am really looking forward for your positive reply and I am heartly sorry about what we did to Siya" Maa cried folding both her hands. I was looking everything with moistened eyes cursing myself for putting everyone in this situation.

"Geetha bhabi we can really understand what all adi has gone through and how it might have affected him but what he did with siya is also unforgivable" Mohan uncle said with a Stern expression.

Aunty and Uncle clearly understood the situation and were assuring me from their eyes whereas Jaya and siddhi were busy burning the hell out of me by glaring me and scaring the shit out of me for hurting their sister whereas I decided to avoid their gazes.

"So what do you think about siya and adi asha?
I know whatever happened in the past was wrong and I won't force you to accept anything but please think about this request of ours I promise you I won't give you all a chance to question back. I won't force you much" said Maa with a pleading look.

After a long sigh aunty finally spoke,   " Geetha I know siya will not get a better family than this and a better husband than adi but whatever happened in the past cannot be forgotten."with this there was a long silent pause

(with this I lost all hopes, though I love siya but I cannot go against everyone's wish to marry her and hence started to accept it as my fate. Karma hits back hard.)

"But as far as I know  siya dii, she also loves adi Bhai" interrupted Jaya.

(And my eyes went wide hearing this something inside me stirred up sending shivers down the spine and first time in my life I experienced this jittery feeling inside me. Making me jump in happiness and what not, but ... But how is this even possible? This was really a hard news to digest.)

"I somewhat knew this, ki dii loves you but keeps denying the fact and always tried to suppress her feelings and now I know why" she said gritting her teeth with a sulking face.

(For a moment I was on cloud nine knowing that siya also loves me but hearing her last part I felt ashamed of my deeds and hung my head low).

" aunty, uncle I know what I have done to Siya is unforgivable but believe me I never meant a word of it I just wanted to keep her away from me because I always wanted the best for her and being with me I never thought I could give her all the happiness which she deserves with me being stuck to my past, but now that I am over it I just want a chance from you all and trust me I won't give you all a chance to regret."I said with a pleading look.

(They looked at each other for a while and a after a long sigh )

Mohan: adi we trust you and about your past what happened to you was really very dreadful and we are happy that you are finally over it and also siya can never find an amazing and loving partner as you. I am trusting you for my daughter, we want to give you a chance, as far as I know you, you are a gem of a person so try your luck son and let me remind you nothing will happen out of siya's consent win back her trust and ask for your forgiveness. (He said patting my back, I felt rejuvenated as if all my muscles are shooting with undescribable emotions as if trying to reflux me about the new found energy, feeling all enthusiastic and reborned ).

(After a while ...... When I was standing at the corner thinking about how to win siya back i felt a sudden sting on my back I turned to see the source and was shocked to see furious Jaya and siddhi passing death glares to me, if glares would kill, I would have died hundred deaths by now) I cleared my throat and composed my self.

"what was that for?"(I asked trying to sound calm and rubbing that my shoulder to sooth my pain cause she to their sudden attack.)

Jaya: for hurting our dii. (She said with red blood shot eyes)

Siddhi: how dare you to hurt her...(I cut her Midway interrupting their threats)

"Jaya, Siddhi lsn to me first, I know I behaved like a jerk earlier and I am really repenting over it. I promise trust me this time and I won't make ull regret it and trust me I will make up for everything you all missed due to me. Please trust me this time I won't hurt your sister.(I could see their facial features softening. I smiled seeing their concern and love for siya. But their very next statement shocked me to the core....)

STAY BLESSED.
THANK YOU😊