Prologue- Me and my Daemon

Authors Note: This prologue is basically explaining how the daemon began fighting control of Y/N's body. This is my first ever fanfic so if it seems s**t than that's why. Well without further ado let's begin...

CHARACTER INFO
Name: Y/N L/N
Title: Ultimate Daemonologist
Age:17
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 154lbs
Sexual Orientation: Demi/Bisexual

******
The room was dark, save for the candles flickering on the windowsills of the small room. This room, known as The Summoning Room, had been used for over 200 years to summon powerful daemons from the depths of Hell, to learn the many secrets hidden in the realm of fire and brimstone. The many potions and ingredients were carefully placed in their own unique chest of drawers. The pentagrams, drawn with precision, were sprawled across the floor, but not so close as to separate each individual one. The room was silent, the only noises being the owls calling outside the windows. The other sound was the chanting of a daemonologist, attempting to summon a high level daemon. But this was not your basic everyday daemonologist. This was Y/N L/N, the one they called The Ultimate Daemonologist. The number one expert in the field. Despite being a teenager, he had quickly risen through the ranks to become the Arch-Summoner, one of the highest and most revered positions in all of daemonology. There was speculation that he had once spoken to none other than Lucifer Morningstar, better known as The Devil himself.
Right now Y/N was attempting to summon Belial, the so called Torturer of Souls. Legend has it that he was one of the leading generals of Lucifer's army when he rebelled against God and was eventually cast down to Hell along with the other fallen angels. Therefore, Y/N had to be very careful not to mess up the process of summoning him. It had to be perfect. Y/N rehearsed the summons in his mind, as he had so many times before. He took a deep breath and begin the summoning.

Conjuro te Belial, Torturer animarum, cum signis exercitus General Luciferum de coelo missus a Deo. Da mihi sapientiam et profanum, quod porro ad expand scientia de sphaera ignis, et sulphur.

A circle of purple fire erupted in the middle of the pentagram, as the otherworldly figure emerged from the flames.

"Who dares to summon me? You are either very foolish or extremely brave."

The daemon spoke in a booming voice, which reverberated around the room, causing one of the candles to fall over onto the floor. Luckily for Y/N, it was snuffed out before the flame could spread.
"I summoned thee, Torturer of Souls, to gain the forbidden knowledge of Hell. What knowledge will you present to me?" Y/N said, unafraid of the daemon.

Belial looked towards Y/N. He was silent for a few moments, then erupted into booming laughter.

"YOU?! A mere child?! You were the one who summoned me to this miserable realm? You surely jest!" Belial said.

"I am not joking Belial. It was I, the Arch-Summoner, who called upon you, Torturer of Souls."

"You are the Arch-Summoner of the Daemonologist's Guild? I do not believe that for one second, child! If you are, then show me. Step out of your protective circle."

Y/N knew this was a trap, one that many a daemon would use to drag an oblivious mortal down to the pits of Hell and devour their soul. Y/N had seen it first hand multiple times before. However, while the two beings were discussing, something happened that would change both of their lives: Belial noticed something. The salt circle which enclosed the daemon and prevented them from escaping, was very slightly open. It wasnt much, but enough to allow Belial to escape his bondage.
The candles all blew out in sync. The room became pitch black. Y/N knew he was done for. But then something...interesting happened.

"I find you amusing, oh Arch-Summoner. For that reason, and that reason only, I have decided to spare you mortal. But only on one condition."

"And what would that be?" Y/N said, with only the tiniest hint of fear in his voice.

"You will become my mortal vessel. I wish to see this pathetic realm for myself, as I am in need of some entertainment, away from the endless and repetitive cycle of torturing souls all of the time. And if you decline my offer, you know what will happen to you, correct?"

Y/N could only nod.

"Good. Very good. Now, say aaaah..."

As Belial forced his way down Y/N's throat and into his very core, he could feel the daemon inside of him, the daemon's power streaming through his veins.
Y/N started to open his mouth, and he could feel his lips moving as if he were saying something. But he was not the one speaking.

"This is sufficient, for now."
Just then, at that split second, Y/N got the sudden urge to rush to his room and look in the mirror. What he saw was... terrifying.
One half of his body was normal, his black hair and gray eyes being the same as always. His skin was the same as well. But the other half was a stark contrast. His hair had gone grey, as if he had suddenly aged several decades in a matter of minutes. His skin had become chalk white, with purple veins visible, each surging with the power of Belial. His hand had also grown talons, like that of an eagle or any other birds of prey, and his eyes were purple as well.

"Well would you look at that. You now see the outcome of your deal with me. My presence within you is visible to all. Remember Y/N L/N, this was your decision to make, not mine. Because from now on, your soul belongs to me." Belial said, with a menacing chuckle.

********

So there you go! The introduction of the two main characters. FYI, Y/N will be the more laid-back of the two as the story progresses. Also some information for later on, Y/N covers the demon half of his face with a Joker-like mask and his hand with a glove, Kirigiri style. You will see some Danganronpa content later on in the story, I promise guys!
Also, for those who are wondering about the transformation of Y/N, I was inspired by the Malus Darkblade trailer for Total War: Warhammer II. The video is down below so go ahead and check it out.
See you guys, gals and nonbinary pals next time!
-B