Chapter 4 - First Days of Despair (Part 2)

Y/N POV

"Good morning, everyone! It is now 7am, and night time is officially over! Time to rise and shine! Get ready to greet another beee-yutiful day!"

"Well, come on then Y/N. Do as the bear says, you do not want to be late now do you?" Belial thought.

"Shut up, I'm barely awake as it is." I thought as I sat up and rubbed the sleep from my eyes. I climbed out of bed, and did my morning ritual. As I went out of the bathroom, I noticed something I hadn't before. My meditation equipment was here, located in the corner of my room. I usually meditate in the morning anyway to clear my head for the day ahead, so it was great to know I had the necessary items. After setting them up, I lit the incense sticks, sat on the floor in the middle of my room and began to speak a mantra.

After about half an hour or so, I heard a knock on my room.
Then a louder knock.
Suddenly, Taka burst into my room in a panic.
"Y/N! Thank goodness! We were beginning to get worried. You've been missing for 30 mins. Now can you care to explain why you've been gone for such a long period of time?" Taka said, pointing a finger at me.

"Eurgh, not this annoying charlatan again. Can he not calm down for 1 minute?" Belial thought. And honestly, he was right, although I wouldn't admit it of course. I opened one eye and looked at Taka.

"I've been meditating Taka, don't worry. This is usually how I start my day, so it's not out of character for me. I'll be finished in a few minutes so I'll come straight to the dining hall ASAP, ok? Now can you close the door, please?" I asked him as politely as possible. Taka then about turned, and closed the door behind him. Soon the sounds of his footsteps became silent, and I started to meditate once again.

Timeskip

I walked into the dining hall, to see the rest of the group already sitting at their usual spots. Only this time, something was different. Kyoko was there, sitting next to Chihiro, a steely-eyed look fixated on me.

"Yo, Y/N bro! Where have you been? You were gone for like, ever!" Hiro said.

"Dude. Can you calm down? I'm sure there's a reason why, right Y/N?" Leon asked, looking behind to face me.

"Yeah there is Leon. I was just meditating, is all. It was a big deal back at the guild hall. Every morning, we all gathered together in the pagoda opposite the main hall and meditated. It helps to give you a sense of calm, peace and balance, or at least that's what my master Kojiro said. And it seems his words were true." Y/N said, with a smile emerging on his face.

"Wow, that sounds so awesome! Hey, maybe we could all do it sometime, ya know?" Asahina said.

"I mean, I guess we could. But are you sure you would wanna do this with this many people Y/N?" Makoto asked.

"Don't worry Makoto, I've done it with way more people. So I can handle myself just fine. I mean we could even do it this afternoon, if that's ok with everyone?" I asked.

"Yeah bro, I'm down!" Hiro said. The rest of them nodded or showed some form of acknowledgement.

"Then its sorted I guess. We can do it after lunchtime." I said with a smile. I noticed out the corner of my eye that Chihiro was staring at me and blushing slightly. I didn't say anything, but maybe I'd talk to her in a little while.

"As much as I'd love to join in Buddha version 2.0, I've got something else in mind!" A voice came from the opposite side of the table. We all looked over to see Monokuma, who was standing on the end of the table.

"We're not doing anything you have in mind! In fact, the police are probably already closing on this place!" Aoi said, staring at Monokuma.

"Puhuhu...PUHUHU...AHAHAHAHA! The police?! You're putting your faith in the police? Do you know what role the police fill? All they're good for is being a foil, playing the villain or anti-hero or evil organisation. The bad guys come along and destroy them, and shows just how badass they really are. Are you sure you wanna rely on such an unreliable group of losers? I mean come on, if you REALLY wanna get out, all I gotta do is kill!" Monokuma said.