Chapter 18 - The True Answer Arc

3RD PERSON POV

Hiro: Bogus. We know damn well Naegi ain't a killer.

Chihiro: But still we convicted him.

Toko: Which d-doesn't make s-sense, cos a-according we should all be d-dead.

Celeste: It is safe to assume that the rules have changed. To what, heaven only knows.

Monokuma: Skrgh@yaGfew, anji&\krakAW;! fzzlbRff#[]

Makoto: You again.

Monokuma: Hrskzzzz_dat.; EgspllER103.2.1.255

Y/N: Is he...broken?

Belial: I suppose his emotional instability reached its limit.

Monokuma: aG^3. 4sum=(SEN|akt~____ 69NiCE!

Makoto: Jeez... What the heck?

Kyoko: I wonder what that was all about.

As Makoto entered the dining hall proper, all eyes fixated on him.

Hiro: Dude...you gotta be kidding me...

Hina: Is that...Makoto?

Makoto: Y-You guys!

Mukuro: It is! There's no two ways about it, that's Makoto!

Toko: Huh? You s-survived?

Byakuya:  Jeez... You're like a stubborn little cockroach, you know that?

Makoto: Look guys, it's ok. 

Hina: But we condemned you to death.

Hiro: Ah you had to put it like that?! Like I don't already feel like a tool...

Makoto: We were manipulated. The mastermind wants us to be at each other's throats. He wants to rob us of hope. And I'll be damned if I let him win.

Chihiro: I like the sound of that.

Hiro: Nice! That's what I'm talking about!

Byakuya: Wait...what's that smell?

Hiro: Yeah man, that seriously stinks!

Hina: It's Makoto! He smells like a wet dog!

Toko: G-Get away! Shoo! Shoo!

Hiro: Makoto! What was it like hanging out in the spirit world?! Did you get to talk to her?

Makoto: Who?

Hiro: Miss Cleo!

Makoto: No, I didn't talk to her. I mean, I didn't go to the spirit world! I mean, who the heck is Miss Cleo?

Byakuya: I still can't believe you survived. You do realize why it is you escaped execution?

Makoto: It was...Alter Ego. He...saved my life.

Celeste: Not too many people can say they had their lives saved by a computer program. I imagine it was a learning experience for you.

Makoto: But most importantly, Chihiro saved my life. If you hadn't have created Alter Ego in the first place, I wouldn't be standing here talking to you guys.

Chihiro: You're welcome M-Makoto...

Makoto: So what have you guys been doing while I was gone?

Mukuro: Well, we figured that since the trial was over, we'd have access to new places again., but no dice. All the rooms that were locked before were still locked.