Chapter 1 - First Impressions

Y/N POV

The alarm on my phone woke me up, and I very slowly crawled my way out of bed. I groggily put on my clothes, making sure to put on my mask and glove, before I trudged downstairs. As I was making my morning coffee, He decided to speak.

"Good morning Y/N, did you have a nice sleep? I know you dreamed of some interesting things last night, something about a small creature telling you that you were looking cool. What was that about, I wonder?"

"Shut up Belial, it's way too early for this. At least let me have 2 cups of coffee before you say something," I lazily said.

It had been around a year since I decided to become his 'mortal vessel', and now I had to live with him speaking out loud, reading my thoughts and annoying me constantly. But hey, at least I wasn't dead. As I finished making my coffee, I sat down on my couch and took a sip.

"Oh yes. Now that's a way to wake someone up. You know Belial, there's a reason why it's called God's nectar."

"Eurgh, do not mention HIM. I have had enough of mortals saying his name while pleading for mercy. But they forget that they are in Hell, the realm of eternal punishment."

Belial complained. I knew that he hated it whenever I mentioned the Big G. After all he is a daemon.
Before he further complained about God, I heard the letterbox open and close. Strange, I thought, I very rarely letters.
I went over to the front door and picked up the letter. I looked at the envelope. On the front, I saw the symbol of Hope's Peak Academy. A prestigious academy, located in the heart of Tokyo, where the best of the best go. I opened the envelope and read the letter enclosed. What was in it changed my life, for better or for worse.
Dear Y/N L/N,
We here at Hope's Peak Academy have deemed you suitable of attending this most illustrious school. You will be attending the school as the Ultimate Daemonologist, where you will be joining other students, each with their own unique talents and abilities.
We hope to see you soon,
Headmaster Jin Kirigiri.

"Well Y/N, I guess congratulations are in order. As much as I hate to admit it, I must say well done to you."

"Wow Belial, you actually gave me a compliment for once. Are you feeling alright?"

Belial could only give a grunt as a response.

**Timeskip**

As I stood in front of the academy towering over me, I wondered what my future would be like at Hope's Peak. Well, I'm about to step into a world full of trepidation, I thought. But as I took that first step, my vision started to blur. My knees felt weak, and then all I could see was black.

3rd Person POV

As Y/N stirred, all he could think was:

Where am I?

As he looked around, he saw that he was in a classroom of some kind. But it wasn't a normal classroom.
Iron plates were screwed on to where the windows once were and a surveillance camera was positioned in the corner of the room. Strangely enough, he was the only one in the class room, with rows of desks being completely empty. As he scanned around the room, he noticed that there was a piece of paper on his desk. It read:
Hey there, new kid!
The next semester is about to start. Starting today, this school will be your entire world.
It was written in what Y/N assumed was crayon.

"What is this joke?" Belial asked.

It seemed that the daemon was as just in the dark as Y/N was.