Chapter 19 - Ultimate Pain, Suffering, Despair, Execution and Death

Y/N POV

Monokuma: Since this will be the final class trial, I've come up with a special rule! So listen up! Unmask the seventeenth student, and disclose the big bad secret behind Hope's Peak Academy, you guys win! Fail to do so, and dun dun dun, I win! It goes without saying, waiting for the loser is the super exciting, super heartpounding punishment!

Y/N: Are you saying that if you lose, you'll execute yourself?

Monokuma: Yup, sure will!

Celeste: And that's final? No loopholes? No wiggling out of it later?

Monokuma: Of course not! Bears never go back on their word!

Hiro: Fine, let's get on with it! You can all start by admitting your involvement!

Monokuma: Ohh, you're taking this seriously, huh? Are you feeling okay?

Hiro: You guys have all been working together, haven't you?! I have evidence, so I know I'm right!

Hina: Hey! You stole my line! You're all out to get me, I'm sure of it! I have evidence of my own!

Byakuya: What a coincidence. I too have evidence to present. Evidence that proves everyone other than me has been working together.

Hiro: Wh-What...? Wait, hold on. This doesn't make any sense... How can the three of us each have that kind of evidence?!

Y/N: It's not just you three. I have evidence, too.

Hiro: What?! You too?

Y/N: The evidence you're all referring to is this group photo, right?

Hina: W-Well, yeah. Huh? Wait, but mine's different! With the picture you have...I'm in it! But that can't be right! Cuz in my picture I'm the only one not in it!

Y/N: I figured as much. In which case, Hiro, you have a picture too, right? Let's see it!

Hiro: O-Okay, but be careful with it. It's pretty important evidence.

Y/N: This one, too! It's just like I thought!

Belial: So the secret in these pictures has been revealed.

Hiro: Secret or whatever, I don't care! You guys are all in on this together! That's why I'm the only one missing!

Hina: But you're in my picture! You're the ones trying to trick me!

Makoto: So the whole purpose behind these photos was to get us questioning and fighting with each other. The mastermind laid a trap to make us each think everyone else was working against us!

Monokuma: Huh? I laid a trap?! How rude! What grounds do you have for such audacious accusations?!

Makoto: In each case, the only one not in the picture is the person who received it. So, in the picture I got, I'm the only one missing. In the picture Hina got, she's the only one missing. And in the picture Hiro got, he's the only one missing.

Byakuya: As long as we're talking about it, I suppose I should show you my photo, as well.

Mukuro: You can mine as well.

Chihiro: M-Me too.

Celeste: Take it.

Y/N: You can have mine.

We all gave Makoto their pictures, to which he gave a nod of approval, as if he had found the right answer.

Makoto: In other words, Monokuma gave each of us a group photo in which that person wasn't included.