Chapter 11 - The Traitor in the Ranks

Y/N POV

In the short amount of time we've been at Hope's Peak, it's amazing how many people have died.

Leon killed Sayaka, and was executed horribly.

Mondo had killed Hifumi in a fit of blind rage when he found that Hifumi had killed his best friend, and was also executed horribly and without remorse. 

The despair has sunk in, and sunk in severely. Somewhere deep in my heart and soul, a primal part of me is ecstatic at the amount of despair. Was this related to what Mukuro told me, about how I was before this killing game? I honestly don't know, nor do I want to know. After all, how could I enjoy watching people suffer? I then remembered what Monokuma said about it only being a matter of time before I remember.

Remember what?

It doesn't matter right now. What matters is that everyone I love and care about get out of this nightmare, alive. Suddenly I was brought back to the real world when Mukuro clicked her fingers in front of me.

Mukuro: Y/N? Are you...doing ok?

Y/N: Huh? Oh yeah, I'm fine. How about you guys?

Celeste: As well as we could be, if I had to guess.

Chihiro: Celestia's right. But we all have to remain hopeful, right?

Belial: Little Chihiro is correct. You must all fight to the last breath for what you believe in. But I honestly do not care what happens, but I am curious as to how your certain situation will turn out.   

Y/N: Well, we might as well get going. Don't want to trouble the others, right?

We all agreed and made our way to the dining hall. The atmosphere was...lifeless for one of a better word.

Asahina: There are only 9 of us today.

Kyoko:  Loneliness has become commonplace.

Sakura: That's true... Makoto, are you okay?

Makoto: Ah--! N-No, I'm fine...!

Belial: Something is on your mind. What troubles you, Naegi?

Makoto: Oh, nothing really! Just ya know, stress cos of our situation, ya know?

Belial: He's hiding something, I'm sure of it.

Y/N: Better to not say anything now, in case we're wrong.

Asahina: Okay! In that case, let's eat till we pass out!

Mukuro: What do you mean, "In that case"?

Asahina: Well, cuz look how scared everyone looks! It's gotta be cuz you're all fighting on empty stomachs, right? If you fill your belly, I'm sure you'll all cheer up! So, let's eat! Let's fry up some fish and doughnuts and eat till we can't stand up!

Belial: Well... As Napoleon once said, an army travels on its stomach.

Asahina: Who's...Napoleon?

Belial: You don't know who-?! You know what, nevermind. Carry on.

Hiro: Yeah, but still. Fish and doughnuts?! That's like a Deep Impact style, meteor impact, extinction level event combination of foods...

Asahina: What!? Those are both breakfast time top sellers!

Kyoko: Still, the "till we can't stand up" part is a problem. After we're done, we need to go explore.