25

Canada desperately tried to stop his shaking as he hung up. Despite the fact that, if it came to it, he could easily beat Russia in war, something about making a promise to your enemy who even confessed to you scared him.
It was probably just PTSD from 1812, when Ame, someone who resembled more of a friend than a sibling, attacked him.

"So...." Russia spoke, causing Canada to jump slightly as he was caught in thought, "What now?"

"We should probably have a meal together. You know to celebrate." Canada offered.

"Your place?"

Canada started to panic. No way was he letting Russia meet his kids this early on in their allegiance.

"What about your place?"

"I would love to, but I can't." Russia stated, scratching the back of his neck, "Me and most of my siblings live together, and most of them are still in the war, so bringing you over really isn't the smartest idea."

"Oh." Canada looked down.

"But..."

Canada looked up, renewed with hope.

"I do have a cottage in my home land we could go to. Though we'd probably have to eat out."

"Yeah, sure." Canada plastered on a smile that was only half fake.

He started to walk to the door when Russia's voice interrupted him, "And 'Nada."

Canada turned around, hiding the shock of the nickname, that for some reason sent flurries of happiness through him, "Yeah?"

"You're welcome to stay over if you want."

Canada stiffened. Why would he stay at his enemy's house?
But then again, it would be a good chance to prove both of their loyalties.

"Ok. I'll bring my sleeping bag."

"You don't have to, I have a guess room." Russia smiled.

Canada smiled back, and for the first time in what felt like forever, the smile wasn't forced.

HERE YA GO!

Hope you enjoyed this part!

I really don't know what else to say...