14

"Nada, let me help you." Mexico's voice trailed off into a whine.

Though he would never admit it, he really did care about Ame. They were actually really close friends, so close in fact Ame was like a brother to Mex, and an Uncle to both Ame's and Canada's kids.

"Are you certain you want to do this?" Canada asked again, knowing Mex's secret, "You'll have to fight against Kazakhstan."

Mexico opened his mouth to speak, but closed it when no words came out. He looked away, a small blush spreading across his face. Only Canada and Ame ever knew about Mex's crush on the Slavic.
Mex stayed silent, his wings tense and slowly wrapping around him. He looked up and once again opened his mouth to speak, but the doorbell interrupted him before he could.

"It's Greenland!" Canada heard Nunavut's exited voice from the other side of the house.

"I'll be right back." Canada whispered, standing up to get the door.

By the time Canada got to the door, Greenland was already inside, getting hugged by Nunavut, and himself hugging her back, a small smile spreading across his lips.

Canada leaned against the wall and smiled, "Antarctica really has changed you."

"Oh, shut up." Greenland growled, standing up from the hug.

When they got back to the room Mex was in, they simply sat down.

"Have you made up your mind, Mex?" Canada smiled.

"I-"

"Made up your mind about what?" Greenland asked.

"It's... um..."

"Mex over here has a not-so-little crush on a certain winged Slavic." Canada giggled, gesturing towards the Mexican.

"You like Kaz!" Greenland choked on air.

"I-I..." Mex shook his head and looked at Canada, "I might not help you fight, but I can give you supplies, and I could probably convince my brothers to help you out. I'm sure they'll be willing."

"I could also maybe convince my brothers to help." Greenland nodded at Mex's statement, before hesitating for a moment, "Except Finn. He and Estonia have been dating for years now, and I think I overheard him planning to propose." Greenland hesitated for another moment, "Then again, that might leave Estonia out of the war as well."

"OK, so that's the plan so far." Canada smiled.

"Dad!" Quebec peeked through the doorway.

"Yes?"

"Super's ready."

"OK, thanks. We'll be right there."

"We'll?" Greenland asked.

"Ya, I guess I should have asked..." Canada rubbed the back of his neck, "You guys want to stay for supper?"

"Sure." Both of the neighbouring countries replied, Greenland speaking up after, "Just let me call Antarctica. He'll probably want to come too."

Canada nodded, and so it was. Canada's children sat in the living room, while Canada, Mexico, Greenland, and later joined Antarctica sat at the table in the connected dining room. While eating, Antarctica said he too could help, and that he could probably get his brother, Arctic, to help as well.

And they celebrated. They celebrated their allegiance.
They celebrated their last day of peace.

Alrighty then.

*puts on deep voice*

WHO'S READY TO
RRRRRRRRRRRUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMBBBBBLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEE