8

The meeting was like all other meetings. Boring. Except this time, Russia paid attention.

This meeting would be one of the 5 that would conclude if he and his siblings would be going to war against that stupid Brit's family.

Russia looked around the room, scanning all the faces as they waited for UN to arrive. It was very much like UN to run a couple minutes behind. Everyone in the room seemed ready and focused.

Except one.

Except Canada.

The only country that was anywhere near Russia's height seemed loss, stressed, and worried. He refused to make eye contact with anyone, and he fidgeted with his fingers nervously.

"Ok, sorry about that." UN ran into the room, "Let's get started."

So the meeting started, and everyone participated, even Canada, who was still quiet.

Russia couldn't help but worry about the younger nation. But every time his mind trailed off  to him, he would mentally punch himself and tell himself to stop. Canada was the enemy. Yet for some reason, he didn't want to fight him.

The meeting was almost over when a phone ran.

"I need to take this." Canada whispered, leaving the room.

Russia got a quick look at the phone.

South Korea?

Canada left the room, picking up the phone and walking down the hall a bit so no one could see him through the glass walls.

He came back only moments later, but his expression had changed.

Russia squinted at him.

Why was he suddenly so happy?

It was weird to Russia, yet for some reason, he felt happy too.

OK FOLKS
HERE WE GO