22

"Zealand?"

"Ya, um..." the youngest of the brothers hesitated, "I-I need to tell you something."

"OK." Canada leaned into his phone, shifting a bit and causing Yukon and Northwest to wake up.

"I-I'm leaving the war."

"WHAT!?" Canada burst out, immediately slapping a hand over his mouth as he watched the rest of his children open their eyes.

New Zealand took a moment to respond, "I-I said that I w-was -"

"I know what you said, Zea." Canada spoke gently, "But why?"

Silence.

"Don't tell mom and dad, OK?"

"Promise."

"Me and Bela are still seeing each other." the words slipped out of Zea's mouth rapidly.

Canada blinked, "You mean the Bela dad said you couldn't -"

"Ya."

Silence filled Canada's end, not only from disbelief but of discomfort as all his kids leaned in a bit closer to listen.

"W-well I should go. Bye." and with that, he hung up.

Canada  didn't move for a minute until he spoke up, "Go get ready for the day, you guys."

His children stumbled off his bed and made their ways either to their rooms or one of the bathrooms.

Once they were all gone, Canada dialed a number into his phone and listened to the repeated buzz.

If Zea could hang out with a Slavic why couldn't he?

so i don't know what to say here....

how you guys doing?