29

Canada was warm. He snuggled closer to whoever was holding him, wanting this warm feeling forever.

Someone was holding him.

A small squeak left his lips as he jumped away. Russia groaned and rubbed his eyes as he slowly woke up.

"You good?" Russia mumbled as he looked tiredly at the other.

"Why are you in my bed!?" Canada shouted.

"Oh, um..." Russia scratched the back of his neck, "You had a nightmare last night or something, and you seemed really traumatized, so I..." he sighed, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to fall asleep."

The nightmare.
Canada remembered it so clearly.
Ame's almost dead eyes looking into his, a smile spreading weakly across his face, and an raspy voice chocking on the words.
"Goodbye Canada."

"I guess I should let you be." Russia breathed, standing up.

"No-no, wait!" Canada reached his arm out.

Russia turned around and looked at Canada.

"Stay, please." a blush crept to his face and tears threatened to fall as he lowered his arm and looked at the bed in embarrassment.

"Ok." Russia's voice was a comforting whisper as he sat on the bed again, leaning against the headboard.

Canada crawled towards him, resting his head on the taller's shoulder. A shaky arm wrapped around his waist.

"It's ok." Canada confirmed.

Russia's hand rested on his waist, pulling him a little closer.

"Does this mea-"

"No." Canada's soft voice bit at the air.

"Ok." Russia whispered back, "Just checking."

They laid their for what felt like eternity, just enjoying the warming comfort of each other's presence, occasionally exchanging a whisper or two.

Canada snuggled closer to Russia, feeling the same warmth he felt when he woke up blanket around him.
At that moment he hesitated.

Am I really falling for this man?

*happy dance*

i am FINALLY getting the good ruscan content down