18

Canada walked up to UN's mansion of an office, knowing no one attacked this land, as it symbolized peace.
And when meeting face to face with your enemy, this was the best place to do it.

"Canada!" an accent Canada knew all too well called from behind him.

He turned around, walking backwards, as he watched Russia jog up to him. Against his will, Canada found himself giggling.

"What's so funny?" Russia asked, meeting Canada's pace at the slightly smaller country's side.

Canada turned around, a smile still on his face, "Oh, nothing."

Canada looked to his side when Russia didn't answer and found him smiling. Canada squinted at him, but then shaking off the thought as he looked forwards again. It couldn't mean anything...
Right?

They walked in silence until they reached a conference room UN had reserved for just the two of them.

"So... what do you want to talk about?" Russia sat down next to Canada.

"Do you remember that first meeting when you tried to tell me something?" Canada asked.

"Yes..."

"What were you going to say?"

Russia hesitated for a second, "You and I are the two largest countries in the world. If we left the war, or made our own side, the tide would change dramatically. It might even stop it."

"That's not what you were going to say the first time, was it?" Canada asked in a whisper.

"Well, first time was going to be you and I refuse to go to war." Russia spoke gently, "But that's not a possibility anymore."

Canada thought for a moment.

"No."

"What? Why?" Russia sprung up from his chair.

"Did you really think that I would run away with you, let alone forgive you, after everything your family has done to mine!?" Canada hollered, cornering Russia.

Russia looked at Canada, eyes wide.

"That's what I thought."

dammit... my chapters are getting short again...
WELP
until next time!