| 5 |

"Grounders."

Our heads all snapped over to the screen in the room as a text appeared on it.

"You will now be filming your midway process."

"Now?" Jaeho exclaimed in shock as he looked around.

"I haven't even memorized the lyrics," Kyungmin commented in shock.

"Ah, I'm screwed," I sighed before rushing over and grabbing a lyric paper as well, struggling with reading it fast enough, "Hanbin~" I called out, making said boy look over at me, "how much do you know?"

"First verse and chorus," he replied and I gave him a thumbs up.

"Great, I have the same," I pointed out as everyone sat out to the side and let each other go up one by one.

"Who starts?" Sungchul spoke up.

"Lin," EJ called out, making me look over at him.

"Why me?" I questioned in confusion.

"Ladies first," he excused with a small smile.

"Oh my, what a charmer," I commented as he just let out a small laugh as I laid the lyrics behind me and stepped out in front of the camera, "wait... do I introduce myself?" I questioned the staff behind the camera, "I'm pretty distinctive."

"Just do it," the staff waved it off and I bowed to the camera as the red dot lit up.

"Hello, I'm Grounder Lin," I introduced myself, "right... music, cue!"

The boys all let out small laughs at me before I got ready to do the song throughout the first chorus. If I didn't know more of the words, then I'm not gonna do more of the dance either.

"I got pushed~" I went through the dance just as I rehearsed and prayed that the lyrics I had memorized matched with what I were dancing, before I finished and bowed once more to the camera, before happily skipping out and sitting back down between Hanbin and Sunoo.

"You did well," Hanbin happily patted my shoulder as I grinned.

"Thank you," I smiled widely as I watched the next boy step up.

We continued to watch each other do the midway filming, before Jaebeom were the second to last and had forgotten both choreography and lyrics all at once. We all watched him with sad eyes before he eventually just gave up and walked back out to sit beside Hanbin, who immediately took it upon himself to comfort Jaebeom.

Once the filming were finished we all gathered together by the dinning table, in the seperate room, all to try and comfort Jaebeom and that it was alright.

"It's alright, things like that happen," Hanbin assured Jaebeom once again as Jaebeom sat and cried out about how we all worked this hard and then he goes to mess it up.

"Can I say something?" I spoke up, making everyone look to me, "this was only the midway video, if you remember the dance and lyrics for the last video in... three days, then you will show how much you've grown over the few days. Besides, it might've been really bad now, but it can only get better from here."

"She's right," Taki happily nodded with me, "once you hit rock bottom you can only go up."

"Exactly," I nodded at him, "so cheer up, and find your inner warrior. Then by the end of the week, you'll be moving up."

"She's right, you're so good hyung," Kyungmin nudged Jaebeom's shoulder.

"Don't give me false hope," Jaebeom shook his head at us.

"Just wait and see~" I happily cooed at him, "are you still sad?"

"A bit," he nodded at me.

"Whenever I was sad, my dad would always take me out to a walk in the forest. Would you want to try and see if that helps?" I questioned him, and he just shook his head.

"I have to continue practicing," he excused, making my smile drop in dissatisfaction, "okay, lets do that then," I nodded before everyone slowly moved back towards the practice room to continue practicing.

I sighed before walking back to grab a lyrics paper and just sighing before sitting back down on the floor and leaned against a wall as I began reading over the lyrics.

"Struggling with lyrics?" Sunoo spoke as he stood in front of me. I silently looked up at him and just nodded, making him immediately sit down beside me, "I'll help you."

"Ah no, it's fine," I assured him with a small smile as he grabbed the paper from me.

"No, no. You helped me with the dance, now I'll help you with what you're struggling with," he assured with a small smile, "besides, today was the day you have talked the most."

"It's the pronounciation," I excused to him making him hesitantly nod, "and then I'm not that good at reading Hangul yet."

"Ah, I'll help," he assured me, "it gets easier with time, to read."

"I know," I nodded at him, "I do know the alphabet, my brain just has to load all the time whenever I see a word. I have to take it a syllable at a time... very slowly."

"Hmm," he hummed in reply, "I'll help you with getting used to it then. We can do flashcards."

"You're gonna burn out my brain," I let out a small smile to him, making him just wave it off.

"What do you need that for anyways," he chuckled.

"A good brain is better than a pretty face," I shrugged at him.

"Mhm, but a good personality is even better," he pointed out, "so in conclusion, you'll do just fine."

"I swear if you don't stop soon, I'm gonna drop out of this show," I let out a small laugh as he just brightly giggled at me.

"No you won't," he simply shook his head.

"Says who?" I arched a brow at him.

"I do, you can't escape my immense charms," he simply smiled, making me roll my eyes at him.

"I'm gonna throw up," I muttered before grabbing my paper back from him.