| 39 |

The whole car ride home I had sat in silence beside Niki, who kept on asking if I was alright. I had simply just replied with a nod each time. After having explored our dorm we had all sat down in the empty living room to watch the first episode, which had slowly brought me back to reality.

"Woah... look at how small Lin looks," Jake gasped as I appeared on screen, and it just showed me walk through the forest by myself before I stood on the stage in I-Land.

"Yah, they edited my introduction out?" I questioned in disbelief, "I could've sworn I cutely introduced myself to one of the cameras outside."

We watched my small arrival scene and how I had broken the whole tense mood by questioning the boys why they weren't sitting together.

"Ah, your Korean has improved so much," Heeseung commented with a small laugh as I slightly winced at how I sounded.

"We didn't know it was a girl," Sihyuk's voice appeared over the clip of me sitting down beside Jake, "we actually asked her company to send their best trainee they had under their company, and they asked for specification. We just clarified we wanted a foreigner. We did not think they would send us a girl."

"Happy mistakes," I commented with a small laugh.

"You might end up with a co-ed group if she's good," Rain agreed before the clip switched to Sunoo.

"Ah... Lin-ssi," he stated making me let out a small laugh at the formal use of my name, "I thought she was really pretty and charismatic when she entered."

"I had no doubt she had an attitude," it switched to Jake as both 'Crown' boys winced at their words.

"Pretty, charismatic and an attitude... I'll take it," I nodded in acceptance.

We finished watching the episode in silence before the cameracrew left and we all sat scattered around the living room, leaning against either a wall or each other.

"I think we should do some teambuilding things," I spoke up making all the boys look to me, "maybe not too straight forward or awkward in the beginning. It could just be watching a movie, so we get more used to each other's presence."

"I like that idea," Sunghoon nodded in agreement.

"I think we should watch a movie," Jay nodded in agreement, "we could watch one tomorrow night."

"What movie?" Jungwon questioned.

"Horror," Niki let out a small laugh, "I'm just kidding."

"Maybe horror isn't the worst," Heeseung shook his head in disagreement to Niki, "it surely will reveal more about us than a romance will."

"Please no romances," I shook my head.

"You don't like romance movies?" Jake frowned at me as I just shook my head.

"They're too cliché," I shook my head at him, "I can't take them."

"We could watch a horror," Sunoo nodded at the other boys.

"Are you sure that's a good idea?" Jay questioned, sounding unhappy with the idea.

"Why? Are you scared?" I questioned in a mocking tone.

"No... I'm scared we won't have Niki sleeping for weeks," Jay excused gesturing to Niki who immediately dropped his mouth open.

"Why was I dragged into this?" Niki questioned.

"What movie should it be then?" Jake questioned.

"I've personally always wanted to see 'IT'. I didn't get the chance to watch it when it was in the theaters," Heeseung stated.

"That's the one with the clown, right?" Sunghoon questioned and Heeseung nodded as I glanced between the two.

"But you mean the 1990 version, right? You surely don't want to see the one from 2017," I stated.

"I'd prefer the new one. The clown isn't as creepy," Jungwon stated.

"They literally made him look more scary," Jay complained to Jungwon.

"Yeah... but because they did that he doesn't seem as creepy as your normal daily clown," Jungwon shrugged, "I'd prefer the new one."

"I'd rather not watch the new one," I stated.

"Why? Don't you like clowns?" Sunoo questioned.

"I don't mind them, I'd just rather watch the old one," I excused as Jay pulled out his phone, "what are you doing?"

"Checking if it's on Netflix," Jay excused and I widened my eyes at him.

"The old one, right?" I questioned him.

"Everyone in favor of watchnig the 2017 version," Jay called out and all the boys raised their hands making me mentally curse myself as my hands balled into fists and I slowly calmed down again, "yep... 2017 one is on Netflix."

"Isn't that kid from 'Stranger Things' also in it?" Niki questioned in curiousity.

"That kid is older than you," I pointed out to him, to which he just shrugged.

"Uh... starring... Bill Skarsgaard as Pennywise, Finn Wolfhard as Richie... the kid from Stranger Thnigs," Jay quickly informed, "Jarden Martell as Bill, Sophia Lillis as Beverly, Jack Grazer as Eddie, Wyatt Oleff as Stanley, Jeremy Taylor as Ben, Chosen Jacobs as Mike and..." Jay frowned at his screen, "Cora Al- alo... Aloi-"

"Cora Aloïse Lacroix," I corrected him.

"Yes... as Emily Chang," Jay stated before looking up at me, "that name sounded very French."

"She is French," I stated making him let out a hum.

"But isn't Chang a name you see used for Asians in literally any fiction?" Jungwon questioned.

"Cho Chang from Harry Potter," Jake stated.

"Honestly just two surnames put together," I shook my head in disbelief.

"Ah... she's French Chinese," Jay stated and looked down at his phone making my eyes widen.

"You searched her up?" I questioned.

"Of course I did," he let out a small laugh.

"Let me see the picture," I scrambled to my feet and rushed to his side quickly approving of the picture before handing it back to him.

"Should we do trivia on the actors tomorrow, before we watch the movie?" Heeseung questioned with a small smile.

"No," I immediately shook my head making him frown over at me, "won't that take away the magic of the movie?"

"I think you should go to bed Lin, you seem a bit beside yourself," Sunghoon pointed out and I hesitantly nodded.

"Right... yeah... bed," I muttered before slowly walking out to wash up.