| 17 |

"So... I think that was all, yeah," Hanbin nodded as he hugged his pillow tighter to himself, making me smile at him.

We had sat down, the last night in our room, to sit and tell each other our stories. How we ended here and just what we've done along the way.

"Your turn," he gestured to me and I took in a deep breath.

"From the top?" I questioned and he eagerly nodded, "okay... well... I was born in Skagen, August 5th in 2003," I stated and he nodded at me, "we stayed there for two years, before my mom wanted to move France, so we did. When I was five my mom died, so it was just me and my dad."

"That young?" Hanbin raised his eyebrows at me and I just nodded at him.

"After she died my dad and I stayed in France until I was... 14," I stated with a small nod, "my dad had had a hard time with leaving the country, because my mom had loved it so much. But eventually we did move to China, we moved to Wuhan. There my dad opened a small restaurant, which I used to work at as well. I remember doing a lot of various jobs in China, and having done quite a big one right before we moved, so that we had the money to do so. But my dad and I were quite poor so I had to work a lot besides working in the restaurant," I explained and Hanbin just nodded, "I did a big job back in 2018 again, and the money went to a renovation of the restaurant. Any money I've ever had to use for myself I've actually used on dance classes."

"You did?" he widened his eyes at me and I just nodded.

"Then... by the end of 2018. I had always gotten my clothes from my cousin, it was just hand me downs. But in the end of 2018 she passed away as well, due to some health complications and we had to help my aunt and uncle with the finances for the funeral for her. God, it was so expensive," I sighed at remembering how much I had worked at that time.

"Isn't there... happiness?" Hanbin questioned making me let out a small laugh at him.

"There was, but I can't really talk about it yet," I shook my head at him, "not before the show is over," I excused and he just nodded, "anyways... around the time my cousin died I had begun busking and I got scouted by Yuehua entertainment. They brought me in, after long conversations with my dad, and they told me they had a deal with JYP about sending a female trainee to them, to debut in Itzy," I explained and he just nodded, "so I went to Korea in January of 2019 and trained with Itzy for a month or so, before I got cut. Then I was transferred to Yuehua's Korean department where I trained with Everglow, as a debut member, until... the start of March and then I got cut again."

"Again?" he widened his eyes at me and I let out a small laugh at him as I just nodded.

"Yeah. So after that I got transferred back to the Chinese departmen where I continued training. Then... in February of this year I started participating in the show... Youth with You, in China," I stated and he nodded.

"I know this," he proudly stated and I just nodded.

"So I was on that show, I actually... I did quite well," I realized, "but before the final voting an article spread about how I had a punctured lung back in the summer of 2018, and when you've already had one punctured lung there is abour 35% bigger chance you'll get it again. So because of that people realized that I might have one if I were to debut, so they didn't vote for me. I finished in 10th place, just didn't make it exactly. I got off the show and was off for about an hour before my company told me they had been asked to send their best trainee to I-Land, so they sent me. I was in Korea for a month and got Korean lessons and prepared my entry test... and now I sit here."

"Wah... that's incredible," he cooed at me and I just shrugged, "what was the big job you did in 2016 and 2018?"

"Ah... I did some acting," I waved it off, "2018 was just for a month in my summerbreak."

"Ah... and what about your dad?" he questioned making me let out a small hum.

"My dad's the best," I stated with a small smile, "he's always... you know since I'm a lone child he's always been spoiling me, but he's also been very overprotective. I remember it took me a month to convince him for me to be a trainee and then another few weeks before I was allowed to go to Korea for the first time."

"He must love you a lot," Hanbin stated and I just nodded in agreement.

"He does... so I hope to debut and make him proud," I stated.

"Then you'll debut for sure," Hanbin assured me, making me let out a small laugh at him.

"Well... usually it's third time that's the right time, but for me it may be the fourth I guess," I shrugged making him nod at me.

"It definitely is," he assured me, "I can feel it. Now is your turn to debut."

"Better cross your fingers for me then," I stated making him immediately hold up both his hands to show he had crossed his fingers.

"Already did," he assured with a small giggle.

"Thank you," I smiled at him before a small knock were on the door.

"Hello?" Hanbin called out and Sunoo poked his head into the room.

"I just wanted to say goodnight," Sunoo excused and I just nodded at him as Hanbin waved him further in.

"That's really all you want to say?" Hanbin questioned with a bit too sugar sweet smile plastered on his face.

"Yeah..." Sunoo hesitantly nodded before looking over to me with a questioning look..

"Don't look at me, I don't know," I defended, "he just flipped like a switch."

"Sunoo-ya~" Hanbin happily cooed out, "we all know~"

"You don't," Sunoo shook his head in denial as I just frowned and he gestured to me, "see? Completely clueless."

"When am I not?" I let out a small laugh at him.

"Fair point," he pointed out and I just nodded in agreement, "well... good night."