05. Meeting the Family and Family Meeting

2019

Diego returned to his house and Guinevere looked into her husband's eyes.

"What is it?" Guinevere asked.

"M-my f-father," Diego stuttered.

Guinevere glanced at their twins who were in the middle of The Lion King. "Liam, Layla, go into another room, please."

Liam stood and grabbed his sister's hand.

Guinevere stepped closer to Diego and cupped his face. "What happened to your father, dear?"

"He's dead. The bastard is finally dead."

"Are you all right?"

"Yeah. Why wouldn't I be?"

"Diego, be honest. Are you okay?"

He nodded slowly. "I really think I am. Listen, I gotta go back to the house. To the Umbrella Academy. Come with me?"

"Of course. You don't have to ask. But can we go tomorrow? I'm exhausted."

Diego chuckled softly. "Of course we can go tomorrow, Gwen."

The next morning, Diego and Guinevere got their children ready to go and got in their car.

They drove to the mansion and Diego opened the door for his wife.

Guinevere climbed out and the twins unbuckled their seatbelts and got out of the car.

Layla took her father's hand. "Daddy, did you live here when you were Liam's and my age?"

Diego nodded, smiling at his daughter. "I did, sweetheart. Listen, you and your brother are about to meet my family. I want the two of you to be on your best behaviors, okay?"

Liam and Layla nodded. "Okay, Daddy."

The family walked into the house and Guinevere comfortingly squeezed her husband's hand.

Diego smiled at her. "Go on in. I've got some things to do. Liam, Layla, stay out of trouble and be good for your mother." He went upstairs.

Klaus noticed the familiar brunette and grinned as he sauntered up to her. "Hello, dear! Who are these lovely little ones?"

Guinevere smiled. "These are Diego's and my twins Liam and Layla."

"Twins?! My, my. Come, you two. Oh, Guinevere, may I?"

Guinevere nodded. "Sure. But no drugs or alcohol around them. Understand?"

Klaus nodded. "Of course. Come, children."

He walked off with the twins.

Another figure entered and Allison, who noticed, said, "Would ya look at that." Vanya turned to find Allison standing in the doorway. "Everyone was taking bets on whether you'd show."

"Did you win?" Vanya asked.

Allison gave a small, rueful shrug. She stepped forward to embrace her sister awkwardly.