01. Back and Split

"On April the first 2019, the Earth was destroyed in a cataclysmic event. Billions of people were wiped out in a matter of minutes. Ironically, the seven survivors of the apocalypse were the very family who had brought it on."

"Hold on!" Five yelled. "This could get messy!"

Klaus, Guinevere and Ben fell through the portal in an alleyway.

Klaus groaned and sat up. "That was-"

"Exhilarating," Ben finished.

Guinevere frowned. "Where's Diego? Where are my kids?!"

Ben stood. "Where's Five?"

"If that son of a gun-"

Klaus and Guinevere stood and looked at the blue mass of energy, waving their hands in front of it. "Five! Diego! Allison!"

"Liam! Layla!" Guinevere yelled.

The blue mass disappeared and Klaus asked, "Where is everybody?"

The three started walking and Klaus said, "Oh, they're gone. They're gone like a fart in the wind." He let out a whimper. "Poof."

They exited the alley and Klaus continued. "It's just me and you two again. Great. So where the hell are we?"

Guinevere frowned. "Be nice."

"Are hats back?" Klaus asked.

"Hats have never been completely out."

Ben looked around. "I think the question is, "When are we?""

Guinevere nodded and unknowingly asked the same question Ben had. "When are we?""

Klaus walked up to a man in a crosswalk. "Hey! Hey! Sorry to bother you. Could you tell me what year this is, or what day?" The man continued walking. "Rude."

Guinevere glanced at him. "He was looking at your vest. Vest. Vietnam. Miss Saigon; sort of."

Ben walked towards a trashcan. "Klaus! Get over here. Bring Gwen."

"Yeah?" Klaus asked, grabbing Guinevere's arm.

"Look."

Klaus reached into the trashcan. "Yeah, I mean, he's pretty my type, but I'd have to see him from the shoulders down."

"The date, you idiot."

Guinevere frowned. "No wonder that man didn't like your vest, Klaus."

Klaus shot him a look. "Well, I like this vest. Oh, yeah. February 11, 1960. 1960."

"Shit," the brothers said.

---

Allison fell through the blue energy mass, landing in 1961. As she left the alley, a man took her picture from his window.

She entered Stadlers' Restaurant and looked around. A man glared at her and pointed to a WHITES ONLY sign. The entirety of the restaurant stared at her.

---

Luther fell through another blue mass and muttered, "Oh, shit!" he landed on his back on a dumpster.

He stood and looked around a moment. "Diego! Five?" an elderly man walked towards him. "Allison!"

Unseen under a colored striped umbrella on top of a roof, a man took his picture.

"Allison!" Luther and the elderly man called. "Allis-"

"Allison!" the elderly man continued calling.