15. Day-jà Vu

Wednesday, 8:15 A.M. (again)

Four of the Hargreeves siblings stood around the bar while they debated what they should do. Guinevere stood further away from them with the twins, and jumped when she heard a crashing sound. She turned to see Five lying on the bar top. The twins ran up to say hello and she followed them.

Five instantly sat up and mentally cursed himself. He met Guinevere's eyes as she asked, "Are you all right? What happened?"

He nodded slowly. "I'm fine. We need everyone. Immediately."

"Follow us!" Liam and Layla cried.

Guinevere noticed that Vanya wasn't there and made a mental note to recap the meeting to her sister-in-law.

Once he saw most everyone there, Five started the meeting. "So, the apocalypse is in three days. The only chance we have to save the world is, well, us."

"The Umbrella Academy," Luther replied.

"Yeah, but with me, obviously," Five said sarcastically. "So if you don't get your sideshow acts together and get over yourselves, we're screwed. Who cares if Dad messed us up? Are we gonna let that define us?"

"No!" the twins yelled.

Five smiled briefly at them and went on. "No. And to give us a fighting chance to see next week, I've come back with a lead." He lifted a folded piece of paper into the air. "I know who's responsible for the apocalypse."

Allison grabbed the note from Five's hand. She opened it and Guinevere read the note from behind.

Reassignment: Protect Harold Jenkins.

"Harold Jenkins?" Allison questioned.

"Who the hell is Harold Jenkins?" Diego questioned from his spot behind the bar.

"Bad word, Daddy!" Layla yelled.

"That's right, sweetheart. Sorry. Don't repeat it."

Five looked between his family and threw his hands into the air. "I don't know. Yet. But I do know he's responsible for the apocalypse. So we have to find him. And we have to do it now."

"How is he connected to what's gonna happen?" Luther asked with a frown.

Five glanced down and admitted, "I don't know."

From the look he was giving, Guinevere figured he was telling the truth.

Diego narrowed his eyes. "Wait. So you just know his name? That's it? There's probably dozens of Harold Jenkinses in the city."

"Well, we better start looking then," Five answered sarcastically.

Allison frowned. "Wait. Am I the only one who's skeptical here? I mean, how exactly do you know all of this about what's his name?"

"Harold Jenkins. You know those lunatics who attacked the house?"

"Oh, yeah. I think Gwen and I remember those guys," Klaus piped up.

Guinevere pursed her lips. "Oh, yes. I remember them quite clearly."

"They're bad people," Liam said. "They hurt Mommy."

"And made Daddy cry," Layla added.

Diego glanced at his wife and children before narrowing his eyes at Five. "Yeah, the ones who attacked us and kidnapped our brother and my wife, and almost killed her, while you were out getting drunk."

Five looked apologetically at Guinevere before answering, "Yeah. Them. They were sent by the Temps of Commission to stop me from coming back and preventing the end of life on earth."