06. The Boy and The Funeral

Guinevere walked around the mansion with her twins, exploring each and every room.

"Daddy grew up in a nice house," Layla commented.

Liam nodded. "It's better than ours."

Guinevere chuckled softly. "Would you two rather you grew up here?"

Layla shook her head. "No, I like our house."

"I do too, sweetie."

As she and the twins walked back to the drawing room, she saw Klaus setting the urn down.

The twins found a book that piqued their interest and started looking at it, looking for pictures."

Guinevere walked up to Klaus, keeping an eye on the twins. "What are you doing?"

Klaus ignored her and stood across from the bar and bowed with a mocking tone. "To communicate with the dead, I might think about, I don't know. I don't know... manifesting!" He placed his hands on his hips, like he was scolding someone. "Do the big whole angry ghost lecture."

He held up his hands and mockingly prayed. "Tell everyone who done it and find eternal peace."

Guinevere tilted her head curiously. She knew Klaus' power from what Diego told her and from Vanya's book, but it was still interesting to see him trying to manifest it in person.

"Just need to sober up," Klaus muttered, reaching to get a drink.

"Klaus..." Guinevere warned.

He glanced at her and as he reached for a glass, he knocked over the urn, spilling ash everywhere.

Guinevere helped her brother-in-law clean the ash whilst also keeping an eye on her twins who were in the midst of a conversation about the house.

Klaus rolled another joint, ignoring his sister-in-law's disapproving look. He made his way to the kitchen.

Diego walked into the room and smiled, seeing his family.

He kissed his wife. "How are you holding up?"

"Pretty well," Guinevere replied. "Your family is interesting to say the least."

"That's one way to put it. Have the twins been good?"

"They have. They've both said how this house is much nicer than ours, but they both like it. Although I think they were just trying to make me happy. But they make me happy anyway, so their comment about the mansion didn't mean much."

A few moments later, they heard music coming from upstairs.

"Children behave. That's what they say when we're together." ♪

Guinevere and Diego picked up their son and daughter and danced to the music.

♪ "And watch how you play. The don't understand and so we're running just as fast as we can." ♪

Diego did a fishing pole move while pulling their daughter closer.

"Holdin' on to one another's hand."

Guinevere danced with their son who had started wiggling to the music.

"Tryin' to get away into the night, and then you put your arms around me and we tumble to the ground and then you say-"

The twins pushed their parents together and Diego took his wife's hand and spun her.

"I think we're alone now. The beating of our hearts is the only sound."