13. "I Want Them to Survive"

As soon as they got back in the car, Diego said, "You got a big mouth, you know that?"

"Oh, wow," Klaus muttered. "What a truly shocking revelation, Diego."

"Boys..." Guinevere began, not wanting to have to calm the two down.

Diego continued. "Everything's a big joke to you, right?" He saw Klaus opening up a bag of powder and took it.

Guinevere took it from Diego.

"Hey!" Diego cried.

"Relax, dear," Guinevere said. "I'm keeping it from Klaus' reach."

"Whatever." He gestured to the powder. "Would you stop it? Why are you putting this shit in your body?" He blew a raspberry. "Check this out." He smirked as he patted his chest. "Hm? My body is a temple. All that shit you do, it's just weakness."

"Diego, we have some psychotic nutjobs to find."

Klaus chuckled before glaring at Diego. "Oh, wow, beautiful. Well, weakness feels good. I'm sure Gwen would agree."

"I'm fine."

Diego glance at his wife. "I'm hoping you really are." He turned back to Klaus. "What's going on with you, huh?" He hit Klaus in the shoulder.

"Don't touch me, asshole!" Klaus yelled.

Guinevere placed a hand on his shoulder and he shrugged her off. "Don't!"

His gaze softened. "I'm sorry, dear. I didn't-"

"It's okay," Guinevere replied softly. "I know."

Diego studied his brother. "Don't tell me everything is all right, because I saw you in there. You were crying like a baby!"

Guinevere let out a soft sigh. "Diego, did you not see the picture he was staring at?"

"What picture?"

"The picture on the bulletin board. Klaus lost someone quite dear to him."

Klaus nodded slowly. "She's right. I did lose someone. The only--" he paused, letting out a deep sigh. "The only person I've ever truly loved more than myself."

Klaus then pulled out a pill. "Cheers." He put it into his mouth.

Guinevere held a hand out in front of Klaus' mouth. "Spit it out."

Klaus smiled. "Too late."

"You swallowed it. Unbelievable."

"Better than than being sober."

"Klaus, you're luckier than most. When you lose someone, at least you can see them whenever you want."

Diego nodded slowly. "She's right." He glanced at his wife, knowing she was remembering her parents while he was remembering his friend.

All was silent until Guinevere said, "I'm seeing movement."

Diego glanced in the rearview mirror. "That's our man."

Klaus followed his brother's gaze. "Hey, Gwen and I know that guy."

"How could you two possibly know that guy?"

"He and a really angry lady tortured us. We barely got out with our lives."

Guinevere glared at the woman. "The "angry lady" is the one who shot me."

Diego's gaze turned stony and he started the ignition. "We gotta get this guy."

"I'm all for it."