19. We'll Do Whatever It Takes

The family arrived at the Icarus Theatre. Luther stood in front of them, ready to go in and stop Vanya. However, he was stopped by Allison and her notepad.

Gwen and I should go alone. Vanya will listen to us.

Guinevere nodded, knowing Allison was right. The boys were too invested in stopping Vanya whereas the girls would try to save her.

Luther, naturally, was opposed to the idea. "Allison, I can't let either of you do that, alright? She's beyond reasoning."

Guinevere shook her head. "No. I think we can still get through to her with the power of words."

Diego lifted his head slightly. "You hear the music? It's started." He took his wife's hand. "Be careful."

Guinevere nodded. "Always, Di. Keep them safe."

Diego held Liam and Layla's hands. "Of course I will."

Luther looked at Allison. "Do you honestly think she's gonna listen? After everything that's happened?"

Guinevere shook her head. "Like it or not, this is our best option. Please don't come in until we've had a chance to talk to Vanya."

Luther frowned at her. "You mean take control."

"I'm going to try talking to her first."

Klaus let out an impatient groan. "Guys, we don't have time for this."

Luther looked at his sister and sister-in-law and nodded. "Okay."

Guinevere nodded before running inside, Allison right behind her. Klaus was playing lookout, which Guinevere was worried wouldn't end well.

The two of them entered the theatre itself and saw Vanya on stage. Even though she was glowing white, Guinevere could tell her sister-in-law was in her element. Every time Guinevere performed on stage, she got that same feeling.

Allison was looking at Vanya in complete awe.

Vanya looked out across the crowd and saw her sister and sister-in-law and smiled. Guinevere was twirling her hand slightly as though she was conducting.

She started her solo and Guinevere's hand continued moving to the music.

Allison and Guinevere were enjoying the performance so much that they didn't see Luther and Diego run across the stage until a bright white energy knocked them back.

The crowd instantly fell into a panic and started screaming. They jumped up from their seats and started rushing out of the theatre. Guinevere immediately helped usher them out, with assistance from the twins. She noticed that the orchestra tried to escape, but Vanya flicked her bow. Another wave of energy flew over them and they immediately sat back down.

"Mommy?" the twins called in a fearful tone.

"It's okay, my loves," Guinevere said softly. "Mommy won't let anything happen to either of you."

Vanya had moved to the center of the stage and she was still playing. Her white aura had changed to blue. She sent out another wave of energy towards her sister, sister-in-law, niece and nephew, though she didn't mean to. It was her brothers she was angry at. Allison had moved closer to Luther and Diego.

Guinevere and the twins hid behind the rows across from them.

Yet another wave of blue energy shot across the auditorium and Guinevere glanced up worriedly. Vanya was losing control, and they had to end this.

Luther glanced at Guinevere. "The violin. It's her lightning rod."

Guinevere nodded. "Obviously. I'm trying to figure out how to stop her without hurting her."