20. Surprise Powers and Academy Change

INT. FARMHOUSE

"Five!" Luther called.

Lila spatial jumped in, then sighed and chuckled.

Luther looked at her as he stood. "What are you?"

"Someone who wants to kill your brother," Lila replied, walking towards him.

"Well, that's understandable. Diego can be a lot to handle."

"Yeah, I was talking about Five."

"Him, too. But, unfortunately, they're family, so you're shit out of luck."

Luther went to punch her, but she deflected his punch, causing him to grunt and groan. A leather glove creaked.

"How is this possible?" Luther questioned before letting out a strained grunt.

"Gotta believe in yourself, big boy."

Luther went flying out one of the walls of the farmhouse.

He groaned as he landed on the ground.

"Luther! Luther!" Allison and Guinevere called as they ran up to him. The twins had been instructed to stay in the barn.

Allison knelt by her brother. "Luther, Luther, Luther... are you okay? Hey!"

"Oy," Lila called as Luther groaned. She exited the house. "Hi. We haven't officially met. I'm Lila."

"Yeah. It is so nice to meet you." She punched Lila who let out a grunt.

Allison lowered her hands and Lila said, "Yeah, I like you." She kicked Allison who cried out.

"Is that the best you got?" Allison asked.

The two began fighting and let out shouts, groans and strained grunts.

Allison managed to get Lila in a headlock and said, "I heard a rumor..."

"...you stopped breathing," Lila finished.

Allison's eyes clouded over and she groaned and panted. Her eyes returned to normal and she let out strained grunts. She began wheezing.

"No! No!" Luther cried as she exhaled sharply. He held her. "You gotta fight it. Allison, fight it." She wheezed. "Fight it. Breathe, Allison. Breathe."

Lila turned to Guinevere and grinned. Guinevere narrowed her eyes and began humming, tuning the sounds around her. Lila matched her tone, soon overpowering Guinevere and knocked her into a wall. Guinevere tried to protect her abdomen and fell unconscious.

INT. FARMHOUSE

Five groaned and surfaced from the rubble.

EXT. FARMHOUSE

"Breathe," Luther instructed as Allison looked at him, panicked before falling to the ground. "Shit. No, Allison. Breathe. Fight it."

Guinevere still laid unconscious.

Lila smirked at the situation.

"You looking for me?" Five asked with a smile.

"Breathe," Luther instructed and Allison gasped.

"You little turd," Lila muttered.

"Let's dance," Five told Lila as he spatial jumped away, Lila doing the same.

"You can fight this," Luther told his sister as he hovered over her and she let out a shuddered gasp. "Breathe, Allison. No." She gurgled faintly. "Look at me! Breathe!" He exhaled, giving her his air. "Breathe, come on. Fight it, Allison. Breathe! Come on, breathe." He exhaled again, giving her more air. "Breathe, Allison. Come on." He gave her more air. Breathe!" She inhaled sharply before coughing and gasping. "Shh. You okay? You okay?" She let out gasping breaths. "I'm sorry. I had to do the thing because I... Yeah."