10. Torture and a Worried Husband

"Number Five, where is he?" Cha-Cha demanded, holding a garrote to Klaus' neck.

Klaus began choking. "Don't... stop... It's almost there." He grunted.

Hazel frowned. "Is that a...?"

"Yep," Cha-Cha confirmed as Klaus moaned.

Guinevere rolled her eyes. "You're utterly repulsive." She turned to Hazel and Cha-Cha. "You've both made a grave mistake."

Klaus coughed and gasped before letting out a groan. "Oh! Ah, there's nothin' like a little... stranglin' to get the blood flowin', am I right?" He groaned again and chuckled as Guinevere continued to glare.

"What is so funny, you asshole?" Cha-Cha demanded.

"Ow! Well, for one... You spent the last ten hours... beating me and her senseless, and... you've learned absolutely nothing. I mean, nobody tells me or her shit. Well, maybe she knows, but she's sure not gonna tell you. The truth is, I'm the one person in that house nobody will even notice is gone. You made a huge mistake taking Guinevere. You assholes kidnapped the wrong guy and made a mistake kidnapping the girl!" He laughed and was grabbed again. "Ow! I'm sorry, okay?"

"Please make him stop talking," Hazel begged.

"Let's waterboard him," Cha-Cha suggested. "And maybe her as well."

"No," Klaus and Guinevere protested.

"You touch her, you'll be in huge trouble," Klaus told them. "Hurt me, but don't you dare hurt my sister-in-law."

"Fine," Cha-Cha agreed. "We won't hurt her for now."

Water was poured onto Klaus and he gasped and gurgled. A loud crunch sounded.

Klaus whimpered before saying, "Ah! Oh, I needed that."

"Come on!" Hazel protested.

"I was..." he let out a belch, "...so parched. Thank you." He laughed. "Thank you."

Hazel and Cha-Cha went to talk amongst themselves.

Klaus glanced at Guinevere. "Are you all right, dear?"

Guinevere nodded. "Thank you for protecting me."

"You're family. But you didn't exactly answer my question. Are you all right?"

Guinevere glanced down. "Trying to be. I just want to get back to my husband and children."

"You will, my dear. Diego's probably out looking for you already."

---

Patch glanced up. "What the hell? Who'd you piss off this time? Hi, Liam. Hi, Layla."

"I gave it as good as I got," Diego replied as the twins hid behind him.

Patch chuckled softly. "You didn't answer my question."

"Oh, yes." He let out a sigh. "How's all that paperwork coming along?"

"It's a real page-turner. I've got two guys in children's masks, rare bullet casings, a random fingerprint from a 1930s cold case, and... I just learned that the tow truck driver from the doughnut shop didn't have any family."

Layla sniffled. "Daddy, will we find Mommy?"

Liam turned to his sister. "Daddy always finds Mommy, La."

Diego nodded. "That's right, you two. I'll always find Mommy. The boy."

"Not his, apparently," Patch replied. "Kid's our only possible witness and he's a complete mystery. Okay, what's going on?"