𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

THREE

( TRIGGER WARNING )

_____

      The moment when Shinsuke Kita found out about the silly things about souls being bound together – that they were destined to intertwine and never let go until death do, they eventually part, he thought that it was just another one of his grandmother's stories that she told him such as how 'Santa was real'.

He found it rather ridiculous.

Though his previous insinuations were proven wrong when he had actually dreamt of being within his "soulmate's" body the night before. He had seen a familiar street that he would pass through in order to get home, but this was in the point of view from someone who lived in one of those houses.

He felt the way her pupils just burned through one part of the street – it concentrated there until he felt the familiar ache that always sent him feeling as if he was buried beneath the Earth's muddied grounds. His chest compressed as if it was being suffocated, then eventually, all he saw was a blur.

Like looking into a foggy glass that had turned moist from the low temperatures. It felt uncomfortable, but at the same time, he felt relief – that a small part that weighed heavily on his shoulders had been removed, but there was also this almost rueful reassurance that this feeling would come back.

That there would always be something weighing on his shoulders, no matter how hard he cries it out – it was a caged that imprisoned him for what almost felt like forever because of the unbearable psychological tormenting, with words used as swords that pierced his brain and heart over and over.

And at that moment, he knew that he wanted it to be over.

He breathed out heavily the night before and stayed awake for the rest of the night, and soon enough, he saw the Sun rise and just decided to get on with preparing for school even if he felt exhausted from the lack of sleep.

"Kita-san! Good morni-" Atsumu halted his words when he sees the dark hues that faintly lined his under eyes, though it was quite visible because his skin tone was fairly light.

      Shinsuke paused from his walk on the way to the library and glanced at the blond-haired boy as well as his grey-haired twin that stood right behind him, both of them staring at him curiously with an obvious look of concern.

      "Good morning Atsumu, Osamu." Shinsuke nods politely.

      "Are ya alright, Kita-san? Ya look sleepy." Atsumu told him with a frown.

      Osamu stepped forward then added as well, "Yer eyes also look like Suna's."

      Atsumu snickered at this while the brown-haired boy popped out, out of nowhere. Suna looks up from his phone and his eyes widens considerably when he sees the rare disheveled look that their captain currently had.
He snickers then sneakily lifts his hand up to snap a picture, but was stopped when Aran ran in front of him and inspected their captain worriedly. Suna sighs and moves around to get a better view, but was then again blocked by another one of their teammates.

      Shinsuke lifts his hand up and spoke over them, "I'm fine. I just didn't get enough sleep last night, so I feel a bit tired." He then gave them a minuscule smile, "But thank you for your concern. I'll be off to the library now."