𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘

TWENTY
_____

       Sayo always pondered on what others might have thought of her upon seeing her for the first time. She had always thought that she appeared quite intimidating even with her height being fairly short, perhaps it was the way her brows were too relaxed that it almost appeared as if she was glaring.

       Perhaps it was her smile that barely ever lifted its corners up unlike other people who perform this action willingly and beautifully – it was like their smiles were made to present itself to others, and people would willingly look at it. Or perhaps it was her hooded eyes that looked as if she was never interested in whatever they wanted to say to her.

Whatever it was, she wanted to know though that did not mean that she wanted more people around her. It was more of trying to view herself in a different perspective that she found a hard time finding.

Sayo glanced at the boy who once again walked alongside her, silence surrounding them comfortably. She had a chance to talk with the other members of his team, and she had to say that they were one interesting bunch that all had completely different personalities, though they fit in perfectly together despite that.

"Ne, Shinsuke,"

"What is it?"

"What's your first impression of me?"

Shinsuke quirked his brow up at the random question and glanced at her from the corner of his eyes, finding that she had been walking quite weirdly with her feet purposely avoiding the lines etched on the path that they are crossing. He thought over for a few moments and recalled the day that he had first seen her.

"You're pretty."

His answer caused Sayo to give him a wide-eyed look while her lips parted in surprise – it always seemed that almost every time she would ask him something, he would always leave her to have the same reaction. He was unpredictable and at the same time, quite careful but blunt that you would never know what to expect that would come out of his mouth.

"But also sad." He added before glancing at her to see if he might have offended her, though let out a sigh when she nods her head in understanding.

"Ah, yeah. Guess I can't argue with that." Sayo mumbled before asking, "Do you want to know my first impression of you?" She watches his calm demeanor as he nods his head, clasping the front straps of his bag whilst walking.

"Hm, when I first saw you, I thought you were really annoying." Sayo started while Shinsuke simply nodded at her words, and she continued, "And that your hair's fuckin' sick. Is it colored, or no?"

He released a chuckle as amazement painted her visage when she took a glance at his hair, eyes running down from the soft white strands down to its dark tips. He had to admit, he found that feature of himself quite 'sick' as well since it was just so peculiar – the way the black greatly contrasted the light-grey.

That, or maybe his hair died too early, but stopped half-way which is why the tips of his hair was black.

       He then shook his head and answered, "No, it's natural. It's been my hair color since I was an infant."

       "Cool... I wish my hair was like that, it's so pretty. Mine's boring." Sayo said, bringing her hand up to hold a few strands of her dark hair between her fingers and began looking at it closely. Shinsuke shook his head once again and brought his right hand up, placing it over the top of her head lightly.