𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

FIVE
_____

      Sayo walked to school that day with the visage of her mother painted almost permanently inside her head, along with unwanted thoughts that came along with it. Her face was pale – at least, paler than usual and her chapped lips spewed out indigested food the moment of her woke.

      Sayo immediately opened her eyes from the pretend-slumber that she allowed herself to be in – fooling herself because she knew that she wouldn't get the sleep that she wanted. She jolted from her bed when she heard her mother's pained whimpers that she tried to hold back – probably trying to hide from her daughter the fact that her body was deteriorating each day.

      Relentless whispers and ominous predictions surrounded the surface of her brain, seeping into every layer of its muscle that almost drove her crazy at the underlying worry that hid itself within each negative mumble.

      But her mother told her not to worry anyway and forced her to attend school, even if Sayo believed that she was more important than attending this posh school filled with petty students that she didn't even want to go to in the first place.

      But if it was for the better future of her mother, then she would gladly endure.

      And thus, she found herself sat on her assigned chair inside of her classroom where most of the people there were considered 'dumb' by the other students were stationed, since it was the Class One of the third-year batch.

      Sayo sighed, rubbing her temples and tried to at least listen to the words that their Science teacher explained, but to no avail when there was only one thing that surrounded her mind. It caused her to bounce her leg in worry and grumble curses beneath her breath.

      Thirty minutes had passed with more subtly yawns escaping Sayo's mouth before lunch eventually came around. She had immediately stood up from her chair and grabbed her lunch box, making a bee-line towards the door to head to a place where there hopefully were not much people.

      Wisterias. Light purple buds that tainted each petal that surrounded its pollen, hanging from its stem that was also hung against its tree – its whole body in groups like a large bouquet that was bigger than her, and Sayo had the pleasure of encountering one on her short journey in searching for a place to eat.

      She looked around in search for a place to sit on before seeing a wooden bench that was varnished with a deep timber color – its wooden veins were thick and ran in a graceful direction, with each curve being smooth.
Then her eyes turned upwards, where a familiar figure caused her slightly lifted demeanor to turn to a deflated one. Her eyes stared flatly at the boy who had his eyes down on the lunch that sat on his lap, looking as peaceful as every with his relaxed lids.

      She scoffed then muttered, "It's you again. Why do I keep seeing you everywhere recently?"

      She sees his head tilt upward with his eyes widening a fraction, with it lighting up in recognition, and for a moment, Sayo froze. There were gold specks and flakes that reflected against the pools where his dark irises sat, then she could suddenly feel the worries that clouded in her mind diminish.

      It was almost as if whenever he was there, all of her pain disappeared literally.

      Weird.