𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

EIGHTEEN

( TRIGGER WARNING )

_____

       If the outer space was black, then why does the sky we see at night, the same shade as the deepest oceans? That was what Sayo pondered about as she stared up at the dark sky filled with minimal amounts of stars that scattered and sat away from each other. They say that when looking into a star, we are looking into the past because it existed way back and its image only appeared in our sight because of its light that had only reached us now.

It was the reason why unit of measurement that is used for finding the distance of how far the stars are, is 'lightyears' – because these stars were in a place that is too far away, to the point that time is also involved in measuring its distance.

Sayo could go on-and-on with the internal monologue about the theories that she could find about everything, though she was in the middle of a predicament that she could not escape from. Guess she'll have to check if her theories were true later when this was finished.

Shinsuke walked alongside Sayo once again as they headed towards the direction of each of their houses, silence enveloping the two of them despite him saying a few hours ago that they 'will continue their conversation later'.

       So this time, Sayo decided to be the one to break the silence, "Are we just going to continue walking awkwardly or what?"

       He glanced at her from the corner of his eye and commanded with one word that was directed to her, "Talk."

       This irked her and caused her eye to twitch, though she breathed out and tried to regain her composed demeanor. She grumbled under her breath and said, "Fine. How do I even do this?"

       "However you want to."

       "This story I'm about to tell you is fuckin' broad so this would take longer than our short walk home. Which one do you want me say?" Sayo asked, reaching her hand up to clasp it tightly around the straps of her bag while still looking up at the sky.

       The way it appeared above her calmed her   beating heart down from the next multiple words that she was going to say. It was as if it told her that it was okay. That the past was always going to be where it is – it might haunt you if you didn't try to embrace it, but it would become your strength once you accept it.

       And that was what Sayo was going to try to do now.

Shinsuke shook his head and answered, "I am not forcing you to tell me your whole life story. I just want you to try to let go of the worries that you are currently thinking of. So, it's up to you to decide on what you want to say to me – It doesn't matter to me how vague or detailed, or even how long or short it is, as long as it helps you in the end."

       And this time, Sayo was touched by his blunt words instead of irritated like she usually was or a little hurt when he voiced out his straight-forward opinions.

       Sayo nodded, "Okay, then. I will start with you."

       "Me?"

       "Yes, you." Sayo nodded once again before breathing in then continuing with an awkward laugh, "W-Well, you're one of the most complicated people I've ever met and I swear to whoever is out there – the big guy in the sky or something. But you are blunt as fuck."