𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

EPILOGUE

( TRIGGER WARNING )

_____

It has been six years ever since that very day of when Sayo last spoke to Shinsuke on the day of their gradation day. In the middle of her researches and typing away on her laptop that always sat on her lap, she would sometimes find herself distracted of the thoughts of what had happened and the things that wished to happen but never did.

She would smile for a short moment as she reminisced but then would eventually just shake her head to go back to her studies and research.

It has been seven years since the last time she had first ever gotten annoyed at him, and she could sometimes hear his words that irritated her so bad to the point that she wanted to just chuck him out of the window. Although, all she could do was smirk triumphantly inside her mind to mentally yell at him the words, 'in your face!' because believe it or not, she was on her way to becoming a doctor.

A psychiatrist to be exact.

She had pondered on the course that she really wanted and impulsively decided on trying to become a doctor that would help other people that potentially and already had mental illnesses. She remembered her own self and how she used to be in her teenage years, where the cold bitter liquid was the only thing that she depended on to wash away all of the unnecessary memories and thoughts.

It was all impulsive, really, but she began to love learning more about it and eventually found herself hooked into actually being able to help others instead of being the ignorant piece of shit that she used to be.

       She sighed, bringing her hand up to the back of her head to tie her short hair for the umpteenth time as she read then tore her glasses off of her face in irritation. She had been reading the same whole material for specifically two hours and twelve minutes – yes, she counted – and now, she was drained out and her brain could not seem to absorb much more information that it already has.

        She stood up from her chair and picked up the white coat that hung on the back of her chair, rubbing her swollen butt for a moment before examining herself in front of the mirror with her coat on. This was one of the perks of training to become a doctor – you could wear this white coat around proudly and gain looks of admiration from random strangers, and Sayo gladly basked in the awe that they decided to give her.

        "Oi, Doc."

        The voice of her dormmate greeted her abruptly as the door opened all of a sudden, presenting a brown-haired woman who was dressed casually and wore a large smile that contrasted Sayo's exhausted look.

        "What do you want, Ji?" Sayo asked right after releasing a tired sigh.

        Jinji Adachi. She was Sayo's roommate who was always filled with overwhelming amounts of energy that no one knew where it even came from. She was an impulsive woman who goes out almost every single night, though not without trying to convince Sayo along the way to come with her.

        "Sayo-chan, stop keeping yourself holed up between these boring old blue walls. Look at you right now – you like an old yellow sponge on the corner of the sink that looked like it absorbed grease." Jinji said teasingly as she shook her head before adding, "Honey, this ain't it. Let's go out to drink and go bring your sexy black Range Rover so people can drool over you."