𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

SEVENTEEN
_____

       Why was the sky blue? Perhaps below the ozone layer, the Earth's atmosphere is naturally filled up with evaporated water with the light coming from the Sun reflecting against each molecule, which projected the blues. To Sayo, evaporation is just the process of turning bodies of water into extremely smaller parts that are able to float upwards – it is not exactly the process similar to melting like how her teachers would explain it.

Every thing that happens inside this world affects each other. The world never rests and continues to provide and provide while the only things us humans do, is fill it up with trash and complaints right back. Each time we see color with our eyes, we see the process of clouds forming as the waters rise, before giving out to pour over crops, and lands, and animals that people could not provide water to.

The world was always moving and Sayo could only empathize with it. She sometimes cursed herself for being able to notice the most minuscule things that other people could not see, because that also meant that she had more responsibilities because of her sympathy.

Feigning ignorance was not her thing – well that is, if it concerned others. She could not care less about herself.

So, as Sayo sees a pair of high school boys that held scissors in their hands whilst one of them held a cat in their arms so carelessly, she did not take much time to contemplate on what to do because she was already heading towards their direction.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing?" Sayo narrowed her eyes and stared down each of them then worriedly at the chubby orange cat that squirmed in their grasp. She sighed, already feeling quite tired at the troublesome situation.

Her heart beat rapidly against her chest in nervousness though she masked it well with faux-courage plastered on her face that almost looked genuine. She looked up at the sky where clouds drifted aimlessly above for a moment and internally groaned; I'm doing this for the stupid world because people like them seem to be treating it like shit lately.

"What are you gonna do about it, little girl?" The largest one of the pair asked with a gruff and taunting voice, stepping up which made Sayo gulp inaudibly. She was starting to regret her decision when she sees that he towered at least eight inches taller than her.

"Do you not have anything else to do with your life?" Sayo asked, narrowing her eyes at them and pointed towards the animal in their hands, "Let go of the cat, fuckin' dweebs."

The pair of boys froze at her insult and began advancing towards her, though she held her ground and stared up at the two of them.

"What did you just say?"

The moment Sayo walked in the scene, she already knew what she was getting into, so she reluctantly balled her fists up and strengthened her stance. She taunted, "What? Gonna call for your mommies, crybabies?"

They growled, "You're gonna get it."

-o-

Sayo sighed with the orange cat resting over her arms. She was already half-way to school when she had a run-in with those two boys and got off with few bruises on her face before she quickly swiped the animal and ran away. Her steps slowed when she approached the entrance of the school while there were no more students entering and walking around because she was already late.