Intro 🎶

Intro

April 8, 2021
9:48 AM
Recording Room 1, A.R. Productions

Alexis

I removed my headphones and sighed in frustration. I pushed a button and glared at the recording artist, Maya Arcan, one of the famous up-and-coming country singers in this generation, thanks to me.

"Maya, how many times do I have to tell you... put more story and heart in that song! You're singing like a robot! Do you want your career to go down the drain?" She flinched and bowed her head, and I felt my assistant elbowed me softly, so I turned to him. "What?!"

"Alex, it will not hurt you to be more sensitive. Cut her some slack." Robbie, my assistant of three years and my friend, advised me.

I scoffed and lift my brows. "Oh, I am not even starting yet. Just because she is famous, she has the right to throw a tantrum? The listeners are not that dumb, Robbie. They know what is great music, and what is poorly executed. And I will not let this tarnish my reputation." Robbie sighed and signaled Maya to come out of the booth.

She dragged her feet and hesitantly stopped in front of me, as she played with her fingers, chewing her lips nervously.

"This is the last time I will tolerate such unprofessionalism, Maya. The next time you do this, find yourself another recording company. I do not produce trash."

She snapped her head and gaped at my warning, then her innocent face was replaced with fury and poison.

"Shut the fuck up, Romanov! I have had it. I am worth more than this! And I do not have to take more of your insults. Who do you think you are? Just because you were born to genius musicians, you can belittle others like this? For your information, contracts are lining up for me. I have had enough of sucking it up to you, you son of a bitch. You are just riding in your parent's coattails after all. Arrogant brute!"

I gritted my teeth and counted to ten. I do not want to hurt a woman, and it is not worth the energy.

Me, riding my parents' coattails? My lips twisted into a smirk. What a joke. I made it far in this industry because of my skills and talents. My parents have nothing to do with it. Young singers had this wrong idea that I used my parent's reputation to help me rise in the music world.

But that is where they are wrong. I can proudly say that I got here because of my efforts, and of course, the support from my friends.

A cold smile cracked my blank expression. I stared at Maya and all the fight she had was diminished. "Leave. I do not want to produce a sound that came from such a muddled heart. It is irritating and repulsive. You cannot reach someone with that kind of sound. Good luck with your contracts. If someone will actually offer you one." I spat and slammed the door on my way out.

Artists will have a hard time finding new sponsors and contracts when people find out that a certain artist was kicked out of my company.

I greeted and gave short smiles to my employees and proceeded to my private elevator.

I massaged my temples and gritted my teeth. Fuck, my head hurts. Different sounds entering my mind-- excitement, irritation, anger, panic, joy, trepidation, fear-- and it makes me heady and dizzy.

I cannot remember when it started, but when I was six, I started to hear sounds. And those are not merely sounds.

These are the sounds of people's hearts. We were on a vacation in Thailand, waiting for our order in a famous local restaurant when mom's greatest fan approached our table.