Epilogue

Vote and comment! 😊😀

Songs:
•Heartache by ONE OK ROCK
•How Long Will I Love You by Ellie Goulding
•I Will Always Love You by Jurrivh

○Epilogue○

Seventeen months later

Alexis

I zipped the duffel bag and smoothened my blue shirt. I took a peek at my reflection and noticed that my countenance is a bit better than the past few months. There were still dark circles under my eyes, but I was not that pale anymore. I still have to move on with my life.

So they say that time
Takes away the pain
But I'm still the same

My heart squeezed painfully when I swept my eyes around the room. Theo and I should be snuggled in our large bed, with me stroking his lilac hair and enjoying his soft giggles as I nuzzled in his neck, but life decided that we are not worthy of that kind of happiness.

And they say that I
Will find another you
That can't be true

A small smile crept on my lips as I walked towards the large painting of my babe. Theo's disheveled hair on the pillow, his eyes tight shut, and his expression peaceful and calm. It was a photograph I snapped after he gave himself to me. Theo just looked too ethereal, but at the same time, ephemeral, that I subconsciously took a picture.

Why didn't I realize
Why did I tell lies
Yeah I wish that I could do it again

Turnin' back the time back when you were mine (all mine)

If I had known that things will not go our way, I would have taken a thousand pictures. Now, the only memory I have of him is this huge painting. Well, paintings.

"Babe, it has been seventeen months, and I'm nowhere near five percent in moving on from you. Because every time I do, I always get hauled back to the past, where everything was perfect. You made it perfect, Theo. I don't think I'll be able to move on, my love."

So this is heartache?

All this pain in the chest, my regrets, and things we never said oh baby

My throat clamped up and a lone tear escaped from my eyes. No, Theo wouldn't like seeing me depressed like this, so I have to get it together. With a lingering glance, I stepped outside our room and climbed downstairs.

So this is heartache?

What we meant, what we said that night... Why did I let you go?

I miss you

I got this enormous mansion built a year ago. This was supposed to be our love nest. There were five rooms constructed for our children, a cinema room, a game room, a library, and an AV room for me, where I could compose and record songs.

There was also a gazebo in the middle of a rose garden because Theo loves blue roses. A pool was built on the rooftop because Theo mentioned in passing how he would love to gaze at the stars while swimming. There was also a tennis court constructed because Theo said that he wanted to try tennis someday.

The kitchen was constructed with a separate pantry, and of course, with the latest technology and smoke alarms because Theo wanted to learn how to cook someday. The living room was designed according to Theo's taste: fluffy rugs, soft couches, a fireplace, a shelf for board games, and was wide enough for a family of seven.