Chapter 29

Hey everyone! This is my final update for the week. Up next would be the final chapter which will consist of two parts. After that would be the epilogue. Enjoy!

Vote and comment. Mwah!

The song Brother by Kodaline set the entire mood.

Chapter 29

Theo

At the last minute, Father decided that he doesn't want to see me, so I asked Scott and Adam if I can rest in Simon's room. Seeing their hesitant exchange of looks, I released a deep sigh.

"Father will not know. Simon's room has no security cameras and bugs. He also won't notice because he's busy with the project. Can I? Please? For one last time?" My last sentence did it.

Scott engulfed me in a tight hug and apologized endlessly. "We're sorry Theo. We couldn't do anything. We're sorry," Scott sobbed and I just gave him a pat on the shoulders.

A wave of sadness washed over me. They could do something, but they chose not to. "What can you do, right? I'll be alright. I won't even notice it when I'm dead anyway," I added grimly and Scott tensed up.

He pulled away from me and wiped his tears, before handing me the key card to Simon's room. My forehead creased when I saw a key dangling on a hoop connected to the key card.

"Before Simon was put into a coma, he asked me to give the key to you, in case something like this happens. I'm sorry for everything, Theo. We will make it right," he added in a whisper, making me snap my head towards him.

"Don't do that. It's too late anyway. Just keep doing what you're doing to protect your loved ones. You won't even notice that I was gone, or even existed."

Scott's expression was that of sadness and regret. Before he could protest, I waved my hand dismissively and turned my back at them. I headed to my brother's room with a heavy heart.

I clenched my jaw when I remembered Axl again. It hasn't been twenty-four hours, but all I could think of was him. Each time my mind clears, memories of us together flashes. His smiles, laughter, whines, teasing, anger, and sexiness.

I shook my head with a small smile. In that few days, I learned what happiness felt like. It should be enough. I had my share of pain, sadness, and joy. I can honestly say that I lived, albeit a life full of hurt, but Axl was my silver lining.

I am starting to accept the fact that there are things out of my control. It breaks my heart to know that I won't be able to create a family with him and realize my dream of having five kids running around the house. A part of me is urging me to fight, but do I even have a right? When all along, Axl was in love with Simon?

I bet Axl recovered all of his memories by now. That's the deal I struck with Trevor in exchange for the location of the Arshir Lab. Since I'm dying anyway, why not go all the way? I asked Trevor for a flash drive that will send all of the lab's confidential data straight into their database the moment I inserted the device.

I don't want Simon to be used again by Father after he wakes up. This will be my last mission before I die. I will make sure that my brother will wake up into a better world, without Father and the lab. That's the only thing I could do, and I will let Trevor do his thing. I know he can do it.

Finally arriving at the doorstep of Simon's room, I took a deep breath. My heart breaks knowing that Simon is not at the other side of this door, welcoming me with a huge smile. I love Simon. I truly do. He's the best brother in the world, and I can't even hate him. He deserves Axl. I mean it from the bottom of my heart. Axl needs someone who can love him with all of his heart, without lies and pretenses. Axl and Simon deserve the best.