Chapter 24

Chapter 24

Alexis

He's testing me. His silvery gaze boring into my soul says it. Theo is testing me, and I'm about to fail. Who wouldn't? Knowing that the love of your life holds another guy close to his heart would make your mind crazy. Knowing that the person you love the most harbors a special feeling towards another man that is not you will definitely make you lose your cool.

Adding to the fact that my emotions are already riled up because of his earlier revelations, what he just admitted takes the cake. And I have a feeling that this is just the tip of the iceberg.

Instead of confronting him all about it, I remained silent. Sometimes, vocalizing your emotions is not beneficial; especially if they are negative. Better zip your mouth and let your head cool down before you say things you don't even mean and fuck up.

A few minutes of awkward silence passed; me sitting straight with my shoulders tight, my eyes trained on the painting behind Trevor, while Theo stared at me. From my periphery, I spied his scrutinizing gaze, eager to get a reaction from me, but I won't yield.

Because I don't know what I would do if I lost my shit right here, and this is not what we should be focusing on on now. "Stop staring at me, Theo, and continue with your story. Let's settle our issues after this mess."

I glanced at him and it did not escape my eyes how he flinched and averted his eyes from me. Did my voice seem too cold to his liking? I wouldn't know, because I feel numb right now. I am being a jealous and annoying prick right now, and I don't want to regret my actions later on, so I will choose to ignore this unpleasant emotion.

"Are the two of you alright?" Trevor inquired and our answer was immediate. It was a resounding NO.

I turned towards Theo and his glassy orbs and his teeth digging into his lower lip melted all of the negative emotions away. I feel so stupid and immature for acting this way. Fuck.

I swallowed hard and before I knew it, pulled him into my chest. Theo gripped my shirt and my heart broke into pieces when I heard him sob. This time, it was more painful for me because I heard how broken and devastated he is. I threw Trevor an apologetic glance and he understood.

"We'll talk later. You can go now," Trevor said with a nod so I wrapped my arms around Theo carefully.

"Baby, we'll go back to our room, so hold on tight." Theo nodded and whimpered softly, then locked his legs around my waist and his arms around my neck. He nuzzled under my chin and sighed pleasantly. I looked at Trevor and smiled. "Thank you for understanding."

"Nonsense," Trevor dismissed. "Problems should be taken care of immediately. Communication is very important in a relationship," he added.

I nodded and kissed Theo's temples before stepping outside. I slowly walked back to our room, fished out the card from my back pocket, and swiped it on the slot. I used my foot to push the door open and then closed it behind me.

Theo was holding onto me tightly, afraid that I would leave him and bolt. However, leaving him never occurred to me. I just want to cool my head down, but it does not mean that I would let him go.

I took off my shoes and Theo's, then sat on top of the bed with him on my lap. No words were said. I just continued on drawing circles on his back to calm him down. His warm breath fanning on my neck and the way his body molded against mine dissipated all the anger I had.

"I'm sorry."

Theo

I think my heart stopped when Axl said those words. Confusion all over my face, I leaned back. Guilt and regret were apparent in his expression. "Why... are you sorry?"