Chapter 12

Chapter 12

April 9, 2020
10:15 am
Scott's Residence

Alexis

I looked down on Theo who has his arms wrapped around my waist possessively, and his face buried onto the crook of my neck, before I glanced at Scott and Adam.

They look equally worried and at a loss of what to do. After a few seconds, Adam spoke. "Theo, let go of Alexis. He's busy, bud," he said softly, but the effect was opposite.

Theo nuzzled into my neck and pressed his soft body closer as he shook his head, letting everyone know that I won't be going anywhere without him. I had to bite my lip to stifle the grin threatening to crack my bored expression.

My hand stroked his silky hair gently, feeling the smooth strands through my fingertips. "Theo, I really need to go." He flinched and tightened his hold. "I have three recordings that I need to finish today. I think you'll get bored waiting, but do you want to come with me?"

He snapped his head so fast and lifted his wide-eyed gaze at me, his lit-up expression brightening up the room. His lips broke into a huge grin and excitedly pounced on me, his happiness radiating on waves, as he bounced on his toes.

"Alright, baby. Calm down." I said with a chuckle and Theo obeyed, a huge grin plastered on his face. "Why don't you fix yourself first and I'll wait here?" I suggested and gestured towards the den.

Theo frowned and shook his head, then grabbed my hand and attempted to pull me and drag me upstairs. His effort was in vain. He wasn't even able to have me move a step because of my larger frame.

I smirked at him and he just pouted. I glanced at Scott and he was quite perplexed as he stared at Theo. I bet they never got to witness Theo act like himself. What the fuck were they doing then?

"Is it alright for Theo to come with me?"

Scott glanced at me then at Theo's hopeful gaze, and nodded. "I'll prepare his clothes then." Scott smiled a little and headed upstairs. At least, he's being tolerable and not bitchy.

"Is it alright if I go with Theo to his bath?" I asked Adam and the big guy smiled.

"That would be better. Someone will look out for him, not that he will do something on your watch. And I don't want to ruin his happiness," Adam chuckled and glanced at Theo who was brinming with joy.

Theo tugged my shirt and pointed towards the stairs. "Fine, baby. Chill. I don't want you to trip." Theo nodded, a permanent smile on his lips as I entwined our fingers.

God, he fits so perfectly.

Theo flinched and when he saw our hands in a tight hold, he turned towards me with a sparkle on his eyes and my heart stopped when I heard him giggle. I think I did, or maybe my ears are playing with me because Theo did not act any different.

Was I really imagining it?

I dismissed that thought and just settled with an auditory hallucination due to lack of sleep. Yup, that's probably it.

I stared at Theo with a bounce on his steps as he climbed the stairs, while I remained on his heels as his support. I can't have him slipping and breaking a bone. I don't want to see him hurt and in pain.

Finally reaching the bathroom without broken bones, I noticed Scott waiting for us with Theo's clothes and Scott was surpised when Theo gave him a short hug before grabbing his clothing and headed inside.

"You looked surprised," I commented and Scott's blue eyes glanced up at me.

"He has never done that, ever. He has never been that happy ever since..." He stopped and caught himself before he could reveal more. I kept my blank expression but deep inside, I was eager to learn more.