Chapter 14

Theo

It was nearing twelve in the afternoon when we reached the company. I noticed a familiar man waiting for Axl at the entrance, and when Axl called him, I remembered. He was a friend of Axl.

"Robbie, I just came by to tell you that Theo and I will do something important, so schedule the recording for tomorrow." Axl squeezed my hand and gave me a reassuring smile.

I felt my heart raced and a wide grin slipped out. It was then that Robbie finally noticed me and gave Axl a knowing gaze. I noticed how Axl glared at Robbie but the latter rolled his eyes.

Robbie then turned his attention to me and held out his hands. "Hello, Theo. I'm Robbie Andrews, Alex's personal assistant, and best friend. If you want to know Alex's dirty secrets, I'm the one--"

Before he could finish his words, Axl smacked the back of Robbie's head, and the poor guy glaring and cursing out loud. "Shut the fuck up, Robbie." Axl then turned to me and held my shoulders.

"Don't mind that fucker, Theo. He's delusional and he needs therapy."
I heard Robbie's protests but zipped his mouth when Axl threw a glare at him. "Basically, whatever he says is not reliable, am I clear?" There was panic in Axl's voice, as he chewed his lips nervously and a cold sweat pooled on his forehead.

I lifted my hand to caress his cheeks and nodded. It was honestly not a big deal. I'm sure Robbie was just pulling his leg.

Axl dropped his signature smile and pulled me in for a trembling hug. He let out a huge breath of relief when our body touched. I bit my lip and wrapped my arms around him. I like Axl's hugs. They make me feel safe, and his manly and intoxicating scent tickles my senses. I love his scent.

Axl gave some last-minute reminders to Robbie before we return to his car. Axl explained that he preferred talking to Robbie personally when it comes to important matters. He could've called him earlier, but Robbie will pester them if he did not show up.

After buckling me in my seat, Axl leaned against the steering wheel and stared at me with a soft expression. My chest began to pound loudly and my pulse raced. My heartbeat began to slam faster against my ribs when he smiled slowly and lifted his right hand.

With bated breath, I waited until his fingertips touched the seam of my lips. I swallowed and closed my eyes when his fingers traced my lips and gently caressed my cheeks. The thumping in my chest was deafening, but I can also hear it.

Against the blanket of silence and our heavy pants, I can hear another heartbeat. It's thumping loud just like mine. Even if I wanted to savor the warmth of Axl's finger on my cheeks, I wanted to see Axl's expression. I want to know how his dark orbs bore a gaze on me.

Feeling confident enough, I slowly fluttered my eyes open and my heart almost went out of my chest when I noticed how near he is; just two inches from my face. Oh my Lord.

My breathing got heavier when I got a whiff of his minty breath and his intoxicating cologne. It's making my insides tingle and my stomach fluttering. I feel queasy and this alien feeling was making my head fuzzy.

My eyes followed the movement of his adam apple when he swallowed. It's so hot. Axl is so hot. When he parted his mouth, my senses tingled with anticipation. I gulped hard and remembered how his soft lips ravished mine earlier. I want it. I want him to kiss me.

Axl's tongue darted out to lick his lips and I followed every movement of his tongue. I swallowed again and I suddenly felt this urge to touch and kiss him. I have this craving to have his mouth on mine and dominate me sinfully. I want to taste that expert tongue.