vierzehn | nishinoya yuu - heartbroken cycle

When the soulmates have contact, a colour can be seen on the skin from where they touch, wears off after a while

[ warnings: fem!reader, mentions of sex, ooc :') ]

[ words: 1.9k+ ]
___________________________

Kiyoko Shimizu was a quiet, obedient, and a beautiful lady. On the other hand, (Y/n) was more of the opposite of her older sister. A recorder with endless disks to insert, never running out of topics to talk about. Although beautiful, the words that come out of her mouth were usually teases and jokes that would pop up randomly in her head.

The first time Nishinoya had seen her was when she visited the volleyball club in their first year, Kiyoko was a year older than him, as if she was familiar with the gym, she just walked in to watch and converse with her older sister. He's seen her only a couple of times whenever he passed by the 'smarter' class' classrooms to search for a missing teacher or when he'd try to peek from the outside of the door to interact with his friends. When sitting without opening her mouth, she could be the same level as Kiyoko but to his surprise, once her lips parted she immediately would get her classmates bursting giggles inside the room. It was fun and all.

Until he became one of the people she'd tease daily. At first he'd laugh, and then second he'd have steam coming out of the crown of his head.

Tanaka who was also infatuated with Kiyoko like him, occasionally join the jokes towards him. He and (Y/n) seemed to click well from time to time. 

Nishinoya was another one of the people who liked Kiyoko. Although he already knew the zero chances that would make her like him back, the fact that she once slapped his hard headed face once, he knew his chances with her were up. He'd already expected for no mark or handprint to appear on his cheek, yet he couldn't ignore the stinging pain his heart had felt deep inside his chest. He eventually practiced non-stop for a full on week, bruises forming around his elbows and knees from his intense training. That was the first time he'd formally meet (Y/n).

His captain already left, fully trusting him and giving him the keys to lock the gym. Tanaka however stayed longer to keep Nishinoya accompanied. He's never acted in such a way, just when he had his bad days, which was almost never, if so it would be only once a blue moon, this got Tanaka feeling that something was wrong. Nishinoya wasn't the type to open up easily but would gladly accept anyone who'd open up to him with open arms. The words that he unknowingly give out to his mates were always the push and support that they needed. He isn't someone who'd usually be all secretive but he'd for some reason give in when you call him your upperclassman.

After his countless throws and hits of the volleyball, he laid on the hard rubber ground of the gym and stared directly at the ceiling, his pupils unfocusing.

Once he had laid there silently, that was when he finally felt the pain from the bruises that built up on his skin, arms and legs. But he knew that none of those could ever be more painful than what his heart had felt. The burning sensation started to spread out from his palm, from the overhand passes, his wrist and arm, from the underhand passes, and his heart, from the heartbreak he was going through.

He heaved out a large sigh while blankly staring at the wall. He had just told Tanaka to change and he would clean up. He of course rejected this but because of Nishinoya's persistence, Tanaka took the clue to leave him alone for a while.

"I can't tell if those are bruises or you're just very active in bed."

He quickly sat up to turn his head towards the voice that had just spoken. At first glance he saw Kiyoko Shimizu walking in from the entrance, but when he took another glance, it was just (Y/n) Shimizu.