sechs | oikawa tooru - dreamy eyes (part 1)

Soulmate au where you know what your soulmate looks like but don't know anything about them.

[ warnings: n/a ]

[ words: 2.6k ]
__________________________

"Well (Y/n), I wish you luck on your upcoming competition." Your head bows towards the leaving figure. You leave the club room to get some fresh air and to relax your mind that has been pressuring yourself to be good at the upcoming competition that you're competing in.

The way your brushes and colours work as weapons to fight the other competitors, they would almost, without hesitation, pick you as a representative to compete on this yearly art competition. Not that you didn't want to join. Just that lately, your imagination has been blocked and all you can think of is nothing about the beautiful scenery you once promised yourself to draw in the future, nor your inspiration to draw, just about how you will motivate yourself to start moving and create another piece for yourself.

Sure, whenever you were in front of your blank canvas, ideas start to fall in like a waterfall and your hands just move by its own. But now, you're not even trying. It's like you've drawn for so long you felt like you needed a break. In this case though, this competition will be about soulmates. And let me tell you that you've never seen yours before. What were you suppose to present? A canvas with a detailed phone? Clearly not.

Most of your friends already see their soulmates and the only thing that the world knows about this soulmate phenomenon, is that if you've passed by your soulmate before, you will start to see your soulmate. In just one call of your soulmate (in your mind), their face pops up almost instantly. Of course peronal informations won't just magically pop up in your mind. Just the face. Just the appearance and just how they look. Well since you're a third year now, might as well join rather than missing the last art competition on your 3rd year. Surely when you say soulmate it doesn't have to be the face of your soulmate. Everybody has their own interpretation of soulmate, how they look at it in their eyes. What do you understand about soulmates? Is it really just a red string connected to your pinkies or your surroundings changing from dim to colourful when you see your soulmate? Well your friends have experienced those things and you'd be lying if you were to say that you weren't jealous.

"Hello are you (L/n) (Y/n) from Karasuno Highschool?" Your head slightly nodded at the advisor in front of the main entrance of a foreign school as your club advisor follows you from behind. "Well thank you for joining this competition once again for third time. I've heard a lot of good things about you and your art. Welcome to Aoba Johsai where we'll hold the meeting at."

For the first time in three years were they to hold a meeting. Usually these don't happen but surely fate has something behind its back for you.

"Welcome to Aoba Johsai and I am the competition's organizer this year. My name is Aizawa Hotarou, pleasure to meet all of you today." The young woman speaks in front of the classroom as the participants sat on the chairs, listening to the meeting.

"Some of you are probably wondering why we're holding a meeting when we usually don't do one before the competitions. We are here to talk about the theme for this year. Since I am quite young and the whole organizer team chose young people to express and enjoy what highschoolers might want to paint, I fortunately got chosen. Remember art is not only about how it will look, how you express art also matters. It doesn't matter if your seatmate is doing this and you're doing that, art is a stretch and can be anything." She walks around a bit before gasping lightly as if she forgot something important. "Our theme for this year is soulmate. Why you ask? School usually don't advertise love or anything that would distract students from their grades and studies."