elf | oikawa tooru - odd time, odd place (part 1)

you have a mark on your wrist like your soulmate, any colour if you havent met yet, white is when you meet each other and touch, and black is when they are dead

[ warnings: n/a ]

[ words: 1.4k ]
_______________________________________

Your hand pulls the tie wrapped around your neck, loosening it a bit as you sat down on the long chair connected to the wall. Work had been stressing you out lately which was shown on your face, the eyebags getting to you, dry lips, oily hair, and from the way your voice leaves your mouth. You could feel the burn of the alcohol in your thoat and the smell entering your nostrils. Sugawara, your highschool buddy, just laughs at your untidy self as if he's never seen you being all stressed since highschool. "C'mon (Y/n)! It's been a long time since our last drink. What's been popping for you?" You sigh as you clutch the beer glass you were holding.

"My boss is being a huge dick again. Who does he think he is to pile me up with such work and then give me a deadline of just two weeks!" Your voice was raspy. Your eyes dart from his slightly red eyes to his wrist. The all too familiar white stripe was painted around his slender wrist. You scoff. "So you too I guess." Sugawara proudly shows it off.

"Why not (Y/n)? Why don't you be proud for me this time?" He chuckles. Most people usually meet their destined one around highschool. Since now that kids turn in to adults, all they do all day is work to live and to live to die. No time to even search for a soulmate.

It took 26 years for Sugawara to find his destined one.

You pull your left sleeve up. "God must've hated me then." You grumble as the ceiling light shone directly to your wrist, the black mark reflecting the light a little. It was just over 7 years ago when you woke up screaming as a throbbing pain entered your chest, and unwilling tears flowed out of your eyes. As you collapse from the pain, the last thing you saw was the red colour turning into the darkness.

Now that several years have passed, you had no clue on who your soulmate was. All you know was that they passed even before meeting you.

"So how did it feel like?" Sugawara just gives you a smile as he puts his palm under his cheek. "It was like a dream. It didn't happen in just one eye contact like what people usually say. The attraction I felt was massive and everytime we touched I tought that someone was trying to electrocute me. And that's when it happened. The first time we touched hands, the burning sensation I felt on my wrist declared that we were soulmates. " You could see imaginary flying hearts floating in the air while he explained. Oh how great that must be. You grab the alcohol pitcher and poured another glass for Sugawara. "Drink more. Here. Have some more don't be shy. My treat." He shows another groggy smile on his face before gulping it all in one go. "You know if I could just meet my soulmate. I don't even know what happened to them, neither will I ever know now. If only I could just go back through time."

You sip from your glass this time. "Oh honey going back through time is rough. Imagine just creating all the unnecessary butterfly effect. You should be careful of what you wish for sometimes." Sugawara shakes his head with disapproval. You raise your eyebrow at his remarks. "You're being funny! Like what? You have experience or something?" The laugh that was stuck in your throat finally was released but Sugawara's face was not bothered by it.

His drunken face was red as he neared himself to your side of the table, his hands covering his mouth as he whispers to your ear, "Don't tell anyone but I'm a wizard." He sits back and starts laughing uncontrollably.

You stare at him confused. "You really make silly jokes Koushi. You've been always like that everytime we drink since highschool!" You start to snicker. You divert the subject and picked up the pitcher once again. "How about we take another round?" Your mouth starting to form a grin.

...

Your alarm clock rang as you woke up from your bed. The heavy comforter on your body was making it hard to even stand up. The rising sun peeked out your curtains as you reach for your phone to turn it off. Just like any other normal day, you wake up and then go down to the living room to eat. You rub your eyes, still feeling half asleep.

"Good morning darling." You look at your mom in the kitchen holding a spatula in her hand. "Good morning mo-"

In an instant, you ran towards the bathroom and held onto the sink, staring intensely on the mirror. How come your eyebags have disappeared and the oily hair, not to mention about your skin. You never took any products to make you look younger before. But the most confusing of all is why are your parents in the same house as you were. You clearly remember moving out of your family house to Tokyo when you finished highschool. Your hand made its way to your head as it throbs from a pain.

"Don't tell anyone but I'm a wizard."

Your sweat rolled down to your forehead. So you stepped out of the bathroom calmly before looking at your dad sitting on the dining room. "Hey dad... what date is today?" He checks his newspaper and finds the date. "It's the 2nd of April?" He asked with one of his eyebrow raised up at your weird demeanor. "Year?" The soon calm behavior you had tried to conceal with came crashing down all of a sudden.

"It's year 2012 why?"

And all you saw was black.

...

You were back in bed. Except the rising sun was now the strong sunlight, your curtains thanfully covering you. You quickly sat back up. The first instict you had was to grab your phone.

It wasn't the Iphone you had bought after saving money, it was your purple flip phone your dad had bought you for your birthday. The bright screen displayed April 2, 2012, just like what your dad had said earlier before you unwillingly lost your consciousness. "What in the actual hell?!" All the questions you had in your mind were unanswered.

"That's right! Sugawara definitely knows something about what the hell is going on." As if on cue, your door opens and the almightly young looking Sugawara enters your room. His black school uniform and his bag on his shoulder, as if he had just gone home from school. "I heard someone fainted on the first day of school!" He lets out a chuckle. Your eyes search for the unworn uniform. A beige vest and a white blouse along with another beige skirt was hanging on a wooden hanger that placed on the handle of your upper drawer handle.

"What is the meaning of this?" You chuckle to yourself as you stare at the unknown uniform hanging on the hanger. "I clearly remember attending Karasuno and not this random school uniform I don't even remember using!" One of the corner of Sugawara's mouth started rising.

"I did tell you to be careful of what you wish for, didn't I?" Finally, his full smirk came to place, slightly scaring the living daylights out of you. "What did you do to me Koushi?" You glare at his form as you could only clutch your purple flip phone.

"Hmmm..." he hesitates to answer at first but decides to continue his speech, "You haven't realized it yet?"

Your pupils shake as if it were a boat in a storm.

With robotic movements, your eyes dart towards your nonstop shaking arm, your longsleeves reaching up to your palm, you slowly hold it up and twist until your wrist faced your face. With one pull, only the colour red filled your eyes. Sugawara puts his hand on his waist.

"Let's just say that you are on a mission."

TBC

SHAN HERE AGAIN LOL JOIN THE GIVEAWAY IF YOU HAVENT YET IM UPDATING THE SECOND PART AS WELL

so just know that next part has tw// suicide !!

- shan is oUT